Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raise your hand if your 17 and out of mom and dad's Place (ME) Info HELP!!!

Posted by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 6:15 AM
  • 9 Replies

well I recently moved out my parents home,thet kicked me out...

I need to know Texas Ladies where might i find home for me baby and hubby?

Im pregnant and I do not have a car so walking right now is no option I dont have any money for food and Im living with hubby's family,his brother and wife and 3 kids (10,2 and 1) and wife's Little bro (24) They dont have alot of food at times because yes they've got t ruff too,somtimes I eat only once a day and everyone knows how angry a woman gets if she aint got her food while preggers.

I cant get food stamps until september so do they have any hospitality centers that deliver goods or warm meals to the homes?

also I have to go to a doctor in a few weeks what do I do if I dont have medical coverage.                             Or my mother to escort me.

I just want my first baby to come into the world strong and bold :) unlike my shyness.

I dont really have a mother figure right now I dont talk to my family much anymore and because My bf's Bro and sister in law are always gone I dont really have anyone to give me advice on this kind of stuff HEEEELP?

by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 6:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 6:27 AM
Am sorry hunn, I was 17 when I moved out too, I'm now 18 and pregnant, is ur bf 18 or over if so he can apply and add u on there. Well I'm not in Texas so I'm not much of help but I know what ur going thr I too was in some what same situation I moved out becuz they didnt approve of my bf, now they do and want me back but I choose to stay out for me and baby, as for food I use to be like that there was always no food here totally sucked but I sold things to make money and a job to buy food,
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 10:57 AM

Sorry to hear what you are going threw, my heart goes out to you, I agree maybe you should get your boyfriend to apply for food stamps and tanf until you can get on your feet. If not go to a shelter until you are 18 and maybe get a job and seek daycare assistance from the state.

by Gold Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 11:37 AM


If you haven't already, you need to apply for WIC.  There are also food pantries and churches that offer help to those in need.

by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Find a shelter or a CPC, they can help you.

by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 12:08 PM

You obviously have internet, google churches and other charities in your area. Call them and see if any of them can help.

Also, go down to the department of health and human services and get on medicaid.

Money and groceries aren't just going to fall into your lap, you're going to have to do a little work to get the benefits.

by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 12:31 PM
Call the local health dept and they should get you started on things right away. Or Google Texas Medicaid application.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 12:58 PM
I don't live I. Texas but where I live at 17 you cannot be kicked out you parents would be arrested and finned if it was proved. Also try googling wic places near you, and look for churches who give out food. ( you go in sign papers and they give you food for you and your family it might help your bus family as well) but the only do it on certain days at certain times so look around and you may be able to go to more than one. Wic was an absolute blessing for me and I'm 19 and live with my parents. Since your parents kicked you out I would go to medicade on line and change everything and apply for foodstamps medicade for you and your un born. Uforently if you do not have medical insurance you will mostlike have to pay upfront. Pm I can help look up things if you want. Also look around for teen pregnancy homes they are for people like you who have been kicked out they will give you a home and allow your bf to visit you will be fed more than once a day and they will help you figure out what do to with the baby whether u keep It or not.
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 1:01 PM
Wic will def. Help u out with all of it and itss pretty fast u dobt have to wait for anything
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 1:05 PM
Wic is very fast I got a free check that day before they approved me so I could have food? Also go to the health department they may have a ob there that will be free for you
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)