Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

18 year old mom with questions about self esteem and life.

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 9:37 AM
  • 56 Replies

hi everyone my name is brianna. i am18 years old, married, trying to graduate HS and more importantly a mother to a 2 1/2 month old baby girl. i know i am a baby myself which is why i question myself as a mother. i love my baby girl but i just feel like i gave up my entire life. i have no friends, i hardly see my husband because of the crazy hours he works and i am just alone. :( can anybody help me get out of this slump or atleast give me advice? All i want is to be able to talk to someone who can relate and understand the hardship i am going through. all i need is a friend.

by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 9:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MomNChandler
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 9:47 AM
1 mom liked this
I was in the same boat your in 1 year ago. I still don't really have many friends and my hubby still works long hours.. I live in Ohio with my 1yr old and hubby and another baby due in Dec. if you want to talk about anything message me :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomNChandler
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 9:48 AM
oh and btw I'm 19.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BriannaClancy
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 9:49 AM

thanks. its nice to talk to someone who can relate. wow another baby? congrats! my husband and i had a pregnancy scare but just turned out to be a late period. but yeah life has been hard since i had the baby but i wouldn't change it!

amirahsmommy11
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 9:53 AM
2 moms liked this
Can you find any mommy and me classes in your area? Librarys have free activities like that. I know how you feel and I'm 25 so its not because you're so young your a human its normal to feel like that. Ive been taking my dd(6 mo) out to story time at the library you get to meet other moms its been helping a lot. Also my husband works crazy overnite hours so I told him that we need a day out just us at least once a month its very important.

Hang in there hunny
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaSwan001
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 6:20 PM
Just keep your head up, and do not give up on high school! Once that is done you will feel amazing! My dh is going into the military he is still loseing weight before he can sign his contract and go to boot camp, so he is always working with his dad or working out, I graduated highschool and feel so much better about my self! I'm 19 with a high need daughter who is 9.5 months old. Just breath relax and love yourself and your family
MayDay93
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 6:42 PM

Oh honey, that happens a lot. Teen moms can have really lonely lives because most girls our age just can't understand our new lifestyles. The best advice I have is to connect to your family members more and keep your eye out for girls with babies like you. I'm in the same boat but I just started messages random people on facebook I haven't talked to in a while who happen to have babies too. Just get out of the house, take a trip to the mall with the baby. People like to engage in conversation when they see the little baby and maybe you'll meet someone cool!

AubreeGrace17
by Aubree on Jul. 5, 2012 at 7:50 PM

Hey, I feel your pain as well! I'm Aubree, and I'm also 18. I have a 4 month old son and stay at home with him 5 days a week. I work part time and just graduated. In the fall I plan on attending college to get my ADN. Message me anytime!

TexasWife
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 10:40 PM

I don't think you are a baby. I was 20 when I had my first. You are young yes but you are not a baby. :)

carrollt95
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 10:52 PM

i was in the same place . i didnt have a husband and i was 15 i had to give up school and my life i have 1 friend  now she dating my brother and there goes my time with her . she had 2 kids it will get better try to reach out to other moms send me a message and we can talk .

CamoMommy93
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Im a young mom myslef I got pregnant at 17 I had her once i truned 18 but I go no where the dad left me and i dnt really see anyfrirends or anything i gave up everything when i got pregnant but i dnt see it that way I see it as i gained alot more than i gave up i got someone who will love me no matter what so just see it as a gain and nt a loss

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN