Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

How long did you breast feed?

Posted by   + Show Post
Or give your baby formula. I just read that you can't give your baby cows milk till they are a year old ?(apparently that's the legal law anyway)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 10:40 AM
Replies (41-47):
Teenmommy1119
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 4:16 PM
I honestly don't even want to. I have digestive issues terribly sooo my son will probably have them too. & I want to breast feed as long as I can but I'm not sure what's going to happen.

Quoting Maddy12922:

I breastfed all 3. My daughter was 19 mos, boy #2 for 2/12 yrs, and my 3rd son for 4yrs. Yes I said yrs lol. There was no other way to me. Never had to make a bottle, wash a bottle, go to the store and its free and its best for your baby. Have you ever read the ingreidients on a formula container? Cows milk does nothing but make your child constipated and its full of hormones.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Christygrl
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 4:30 PM

I'm still breastfeeding at night and in the morning. But during the day he has formula. Going on to my seventh month of breastfeeding.

jessieee
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 5:30 PM

i breast feed my daughter till she was 5 months old i wasin school while doing and really stressed so i dried out i was hoping to breast feed for a year

slransde
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 5:31 PM
I'm at 9 months BF,, trying to go a year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleyrenee24
by Ashley on Jul. 12, 2012 at 5:32 PM

My first for 18 months and my second for 2 years.

mommydino11
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 1:51 AM
I've been breastfeeding now for 8 months! I'm plannimg to stop when he's a year so I can start working 8 hr shifts and go to school and give him cows milk but after reading some of these comments, I might try soy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tennisgal
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 1:52 AM

we nursed for 2yrs. 

it's not "illegal" to give your child cow's milk, it's not recommended until a year. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)