Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Daycare

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 10:15 PM
  • 8 Replies
I made a post a bit ago about my child care problems. My oldest sons father has agreed to take Friday nights off to get both of the kids n bring them home... But there is a catch. Since he's taking a night off of work, he says he will not put anymore into childcare than he is now. Which is 100 a week. So the amount I will pay for childcare will double for both children and I will cover all their expenses myself too. The youngest is not his, just my oldest, but he uses that as an excuse not to help because I have one guy who bailed, I should be grateful for anything. Would you take up this deal or refuse?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 10:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
sherriewlk
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 10:21 PM
To me..it doesn't sound worth it. Sounds like it would save you more money it you just took Friday nights off.
But I don't know the back story.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kayere
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 10:27 PM
I'm thinking about it but it would be me taking a night off of work and paying more for childcare. He would cover the oldest childcare expenses but taking a Friday night off for a bartender is a big deal. Plus im already upset that he can't pick up the kids one day a week when I've taken care of his son by myself for 4 years now with him having no responsibility over anything. It's bullshit he wants to get mad because I tell him I need him to step up one day a week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sherriewlk
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 10:33 PM
I agree..he should.
Take him to court for child support. Then he will have to pay a set amount regardless of what days he needs to help.

Quoting Kayere:

I'm thinking about it but it would be me taking a night off of work and paying more for childcare. He would cover the oldest childcare expenses but taking a Friday night off for a bartender is a big deal. Plus im already upset that he can't pick up the kids one day a week when I've taken care of his son by myself for 4 years now with him having no responsibility over anything. It's bullshit he wants to get mad because I tell him I need him to step up one day a week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sherriewlk
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 10:34 PM
Than the other father to court as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Henrysmomma0915
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 10:38 PM
This

Quoting sherriewlk:

I agree..he should.

Take him to court for child support. Then he will have to pay a set amount regardless of what days he needs to help.

Quoting Kayere:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kayere
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 11:55 PM
He's illegal. Says if I file for child support hell bolt. Have been debating here lately how much he really needs to be in my oldests life... The second one is in process but him being out of state drags things out a while
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Beth3721
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 6:51 AM

You could just file and then have him leave.  Does your state offer any assistance for young single moms until you can get by on your own?

AubreeGrace17
by Aubree on Jul. 12, 2012 at 6:28 PM

I would refuse.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN