Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

I've forgotten what it's like to be truly happy...**UPDATE**

Posted by   + Show Post

Have any of you young moms out there ever been in my shoes? I feel like there isn't much left to live for these days except DS. I guess I just really miss being a teenager. Then again, I didn't really choose to be a parent. I blame myself a lot of the time for not standing up to SO and his mom. I really want to leave him, but I don't have the resources or the courage to do so.

UPDATE 7/16/12

Today, mostly due to of the supportive comments, I decided to leave SO. I'm all packed and am waiting for my mom to get off work to come get us. It sucks, but I think I'm doing the right thing. I left a note on the bed telling him my reasons. He'll most likely get it when he gets off work at nine.

by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 12:11 AM
Replies (11-20):
sucker4myloves
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 12:22 PM
3 moms liked this

You didn't abort, you didn't adopt out, so you did choose to be a parent. That being said, I'm sorry you feel the way you do. But, there are ways to get out. Don't be ashamed to get on public assistance...nevermind all the nazis who say it's wrong and you're a bum if you do it...you need it to get the hell out of there and get on your feet on your own. PM me if you like and give me the details of your situation and the state you live in, and I'll see what I can find to help you.

lo1285
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 12:40 PM
2 moms liked this

I completely understand what your going through right now. I was 18 when I had my daughter & there were certainly times that I had wished that I made different choices (not to have my baby but more so about her dad, our living situation, his mom, etc) when she was 2months old I left him. It was very rough, scary & sometimes lonely. There were times where I thought about if I was doing the best thing for my child or was I just being selfish..

I am 32 in a very loving & committed reelationship & we are expecting a new bundle in Dec & I couldnt be happier with the decision I made all those years ago. I say all this to say it is very possible to move forward & please dont feel like your in this alone. Sometimes you have to step out on faith becuase your options as of this moment arent making for the best environment for you or ur child.

JATomlinson
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Hang in there!  I'm praying for you and that you and your daughter will find a good life and the hapiness you seek!

annaica
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 12:50 PM

hugs!  yes i have felt like that many times.  i had to get on antidepressants eventually and they helped me so much, but so did seeing a therapist :)

aimhawk
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 1:19 PM

I've not been in a similar situation. Facts are though your not a teenager anymore, your a mother. Whether or not you wanted it, you ARE a mother. If you can't stand up for yourself, who is going to stand up for your child? Do you not have family? Have you tried looking into shelters for temporary help or something so you could leave?

Maevelyn
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 1:26 PM

I had my daughter at 19 and although I was out of highschool I did feel that way. You can be a young mom and have a life. I think the hardest thing is that your friends kind of evaporate because you really aren't a teenager anymore and you don't have the disposable time or income that they do. I really agree with the posters who say you need to find a way to go to school. I found new friends, I gained self confidence and I got out of a bad relationship. There should be affordable housing near the school and most schools have childcare tht's income based. Go talk to the councilors. I don't recommend relying on student loans but I did take a loan out one semester so I could get a car (I learned to drive manual, it was a 2004 Chevy Aveo with power nothing but it had cold AC so my kids could ride safely in the Florida heat.) I paid $4500 for it and paid my insurance for the year with the rest of the loan. I got a job as a bather at petsmart, took a semester off and became a groomer which allowed me to make enough money to live off of (with budgeting) working 3-4 days a week. I worked 10 hour days frequently but we had enough to get by and working on the weekend I could find free childcare. You don't and probably won't do everything the exact same way as anyone else but my point is even the loftiest goal is achievable. 

allthatjazz251
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 2:33 PM

26 yrs and pregnant with #3. I just graduated with my BS in Human Services but I know I will never go any further than that. My dreams are gone and DH doesn't understand or he doesn't care. I am miserable as well. 

twinstartermom
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 3:47 PM

I understand and feel the same way. Crushed for most of my life cause my kids won't mind.

sashamom03
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 4:09 PM
I would try not to get pregnant. I would wait a while anyway.
JayBearsmomma
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 5:38 PM
Ur not alone
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)