Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mommy at 17

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 6:47 PM
  • 10 Replies

Need to go back to school... but i need a school for me and my baby to go to what to do?

by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 6:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Welcome to the group.  You might check with your school district to see what options there are available for you like home school, virtual school, night school, etc.

CountryBumkinMO
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 8:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Have you looked for schools that have daycares for the students? It doesnt cost a thing because the student go to school. That's what I did. I went to the high school and my son went over to the elementary school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JP-StrongForTwo
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 8:32 PM
1 mom liked this

They cannot legally keep you out of school. Finish school! You can do it. Where do you live? Maybe i can babysit for you while you go to school? 

aniters
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 10:45 PM

have you looked into independant studies? i did that when i got pregnant and when i had my son i only had to go in once a week to turn in and pick up homework :) it was super easy and since i had a baby my teacher was very understanding if i didn't show up one week.

RoseBud93
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 3:12 AM

If you lived by me, my school offeres day-care AT the school where you can even take a class to earn credits for taking care of your baby for one block of the day.

CafeMom Tickers
capmonkey93
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 10:17 AM

if any of yall live near lawrenceville i would be happy to babysit i just graduated from school 

melissaa1122
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 8:00 PM

You can always do virtual school.Thats how i am finishing high school with a 4 month old boy !

rissamom224
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 8:02 PM
What area do you live in have you tried looking up teen mom homes in youre area theyll have choices for you..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
specialwingz
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 8:05 PM

I was a senior in high school when I had  my 1st.  You can do it.  And, you will be glad you did.  Most high schools have day care now.  There are also Alternative Learning Centers.  Call 2-1-1 and see if they can help you get some info on those.

AubreeGrace17
by Aubree on Jul. 16, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Why don't you try online school. Most states will provide daycare assistance for high school students and will bump you up on a waiting list if you're in high school. I'd contact a social worker in your county.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)