Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

I gave my son up for adoption at 18

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 11:32 PM
  • 24 Replies
3 moms liked this

My name is Sara and I am 20 years old.  When I was 17 I got pregnant with my son Carson. I chose adoption for him because the birth father was not what I wanted for my son and we were just too young to raise a child. I got married this past May and that was such a blessing but i still feel depressed without my son around and it has been almost two years this Aug. i just am reaching out for someone to talk to. please feel free to respond i would really love to hear advice and help from other mothers.Thank you so much for reading this.

Sara 

by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 11:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
firsttime_mom17
by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 11:34 PM

My name is Sara as well I am 17 and I have been thinking about adoption for my baby (I am 19 weeks) which is so hard to do because I want to keep her but I am not sure if I can completely provide for her.

MsEmma88
by Member on Jul. 17, 2012 at 11:38 PM
Hello. I can't say I know what your going through but I think your a brave sensible woman for putting your son first. Is there any possibility that you could contact the family and discuss maybe an open adoption where you could get to know him and get updates and somehow be a part of his life? I'm sorry hun I wish I had better advice. **hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cdi
by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 11:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Congrats on getting married and your choice to give your son the best possible chance in life. I am sure you placed him with a loving family. You made the choice because you love your son more than anything so it will be hard but know in your heart you did the right thing :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CountryBumkinMO
by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 11:51 PM
You're not alone on that girl! I'm Adrienne and my son Weston who is 5 wasn't my first. At age 15, I had a baby and gave her up for adoption. Her name is Isabell and she is 6 and I get photos and updates every 4months. A year later I had my son. But I kept him and I'm happy I did. I miss Bell but it was the right choice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessieee
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 12:08 AM

im jessica i have a 18 month old daughter i was thinkin about that my mom was horrible to me i was scared for my unborn child my mom was going to force me to get an abortion then i ,oved in with my dad and saw i was able to raise my daughter i was close to doin adoption its a hard decesion but i think your strong to do it its hard raising a kid as a kid it is and you knew the father was not a good place for oyur son so you gave your son a better life so he can be happy and live it to the fullest im sorry you had to do it i really am but always know your son will love you for giving him this life and you wanted the best for him not you i am here for you when you need dont be sad you gave him up hard to be happy his not with you but be happy you gave him a life and parents who are able to take good care of him your his mother in a different way

Sara16
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 12:08 PM

I do have an open adoption with them :) it helps a lot but sometimes i feel jealous and wish i could be more involved with him growing up but it would be to complicated i think for them and myself...Thank you for responding to my postit was really nice to read your reply.

Sara16
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 12:11 PM

Thank you Jessica that really got me looking at my situation in a different way. I dont know you but i can say making that move with your father was such a smart and just shows you wanted what is best for your Daughter. Your a good mom in my book :)

Sara16
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 12:13 PM

I hope one day i can be that happy with my decision. i know i made the right one but that doesnt make it any easier sometimes.

BeachMama05
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 12:24 PM

hugs! 

RaLeighsMommy11
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 12:28 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't know how u feel cause I've never been in that situation but just keep telling yourself you gave your son an amazing life that is better than you could provide! I know it will probably always be hard but I hope it gets easier & easier each day! Praying for u!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)