Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I gave my son up for adoption at 18

Posted by   + Show Post

My name is Sara and I am 20 years old.  When I was 17 I got pregnant with my son Carson. I chose adoption for him because the birth father was not what I wanted for my son and we were just too young to raise a child. I got married this past May and that was such a blessing but i still feel depressed without my son around and it has been almost two years this Aug. i just am reaching out for someone to talk to. please feel free to respond i would really love to hear advice and help from other mothers.Thank you so much for reading this.

Sara 

by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 11:32 PM
Replies (21-24):
MamaPeanut
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Adoption is a beautiful thing, and a loving, selfless choice!!

Bless you for your strong decision.

I hope that you will have children in the future when it is the right time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bigmama423
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 2:39 AM

I haven't been in your position so I can't give advice.

I commend you for what you did though. Adoption is a wonderful thing. Just remember you did what was best and I hope you come to peace with it. 

LittleUtahMommy
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 2:43 AM
Hugs! Its great you made such a big decision for your son. That would be very tough to do, what a strong mama you are! I considered doing adoption with my daughter I am expecting but I just couldn't do it. I think I can handle it anyway. Congratulations on your marriage. Xo :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jesswalls
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 7:15 AM

Ive never experienced anything like this, but first off, your very courageous and a great mother for choosing the best possible choice you knew that would benefit the baby. A lot of women are selfish and put themselves first. I know by experience being a young mother can be very rough. Although I chose to keep my little boy and I had a daughter a year later, there has been times I have felt like a failure and wished I could have provided better. You was and still are a great mother for putting your baby first, and thinking of the babies future and your own. Although its rough on you, always remember you done what you thought was best, and for that, Im sure when Carson grows up, he will thank you for! If you ever need someone to talk to, although i might not know what to say, Im here to listen!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)