Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Does anyone else think that...

Posted by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 8:28 PM
  • 17 Replies

Poll

Question: Does Teen Mom glamorize being a teen parent?

Options:

Yes!

No

Other (please explain)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 24

View Results

Teen Mom makes being a young mom look glamorous?

Personally, I think in some ways that it does. It seems like most of the cast from Teen Mom drive nice cars and have a lot of nice things. They get paid quite a bit of money and are able to do things that most regular teen moms can only dream of. On the other hand, they do show many struggles. Even though I don't like Amber they do a great job of showing her struggles with addiction and raising Leah. They also are good about showing Maci having a hard time juggling it all. People can also see how hard it can be to be a single parent by watching Farrah, though she has a huge attitude.

What do you guys think?

by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 8:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Maks1mommy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 22, 2012 at 8:29 PM
I think yes and no. While my life isn't like any of those girls. It has it's ups and downs too..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bigmama423
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 8:30 PM

Yes it does, from what little I've seen. 

pampire
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 8:36 PM

I never watched it.

Vipergirl22
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 8:51 PM

I think no. I say that because it shows there struggles..like Maci it isn't just about her juggling everything she is also dealing with Ryan and getting him to agree to things, like pre k. And there is huge speculation on what the moms make. From what I heard the make 50-60,000 a season and that is it. Also people like Maci may have a lot of help from there parents. And you see with Catelynn and Tyler they work and are trying to make there way through college. I don't think its glamorized, I think they show the good and the bad..just like there is with any mom.

aslynnrachael
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 8:59 PM

I think that some of the girls stories glamorize being a teen mom. But some of them don't especially Amber's story. Maci and Chelsea would make me deff want to be a teen mom haha. My life isn't at all how those girls have it haha

keriley1
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 9:02 PM

I don't think so. Why the hell would anyone want to be like these girls???? (ESPECIALLY that idiot Amber!) It shows how life is if you have a kid. Just because you are a teen mom doesn't mean you are going to live in a box your whole life. (unless you are Janelle.)

mommyoftwins28
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 9:05 PM
I think NO I believe every episode shows proof of real struggles that teen moms really go through
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AubreeGrace17
by Aubree on Jul. 22, 2012 at 9:36 PM
2 moms liked this

HAHAHA! This made me smile :)

Quoting keriley1:

I don't think so. Why the hell would anyone want to be like these girls???? (ESPECIALLY that idiot Amber!) It shows how life is if you have a kid. Just because you are a teen mom doesn't mean you are going to live in a box your whole life. (unless you are Janelle.)

Teenmommy1119
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 10:19 PM
Haha janelles box is a metal one too. But seriously I don't think it does. I mean honestly everyone of those girls from teen mom and teen mom 2 all have soo many struggles emotionally and mentally they have to deal with that there's noo way anyone would try to have a kid based off of the show.

Quoting keriley1:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
firsttime_mom17
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 10:22 PM

I don't watch the show but only a few times. I think being a teen mom has struggles and they do show that but I mean it is a tv show not everything is real so I don't know.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN