Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Does anyone else think that...

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Does Teen Mom glamorize being a teen parent?

Options:

Yes!

No

Other (please explain)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 24

View Results

Teen Mom makes being a young mom look glamorous?

Personally, I think in some ways that it does. It seems like most of the cast from Teen Mom drive nice cars and have a lot of nice things. They get paid quite a bit of money and are able to do things that most regular teen moms can only dream of. On the other hand, they do show many struggles. Even though I don't like Amber they do a great job of showing her struggles with addiction and raising Leah. They also are good about showing Maci having a hard time juggling it all. People can also see how hard it can be to be a single parent by watching Farrah, though she has a huge attitude.

What do you guys think?

by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 8:28 PM
Replies (11-17):
kit_manson
by Member on Jul. 22, 2012 at 10:24 PM

No, but I think it makes us look like morons. I really hate when people compare it to my life.

AubreeGrace17
by Aubree on Jul. 23, 2012 at 5:02 AM

Same here! It's awfully frustrating...

Quoting kit_manson:

No, but I think it makes us look like morons. I really hate when people compare it to my life.

AubreeGrace17
by Aubree on Jul. 23, 2012 at 5:04 AM

I agree, there is much more to Teen Mom. Here's a link to an article about Amber Portwood's salary. It says she made $280,000 in 2010! http://www.hollywoodlife.com/2012/04/30/amber-portwood-salary-fraud-low-income-housing-fined/

Quoting Vipergirl22:

I think no. I say that because it shows there struggles..like Maci it isn't just about her juggling everything she is also dealing with Ryan and getting him to agree to things, like pre k. And there is huge speculation on what the moms make. From what I heard the make 50-60,000 a season and that is it. Also people like Maci may have a lot of help from there parents. And you see with Catelynn and Tyler they work and are trying to make there way through college. I don't think its glamorized, I think they show the good and the bad..just like there is with any mom.

Vipergirl22
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 5:23 AM
I don't put much stock into what they make and I really don't care what they make either. Its not just about the money either. It takes guts to be on TV and to have your life made an open book. Do really think Amber wants that part of her life televised just to be called a bad mom or half the names she is called because of what they show.

Quoting AubreeGrace17:

I agree, there is much more to Teen Mom. Here's a link to an article about Amber Portwood's salary. It says she made $280,000 in 2010! http://www.hollywoodlife.com/2012/04/30/amber-portwood-salary-fraud-low-income-housing-fined/

Quoting Vipergirl22:

I think no. I say that because it shows there struggles..like Maci it isn't just about her juggling everything she is also dealing with Ryan and getting him to agree to things, like pre k. And there is huge speculation on what the moms make. From what I heard the make 50-60,000 a season and that is it. Also people like Maci may have a lot of help from there parents. And you see with Catelynn and Tyler they work and are trying to make there way through college. I don't think its glamorized, I think they show the good and the bad..just like there is with any mom.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TexasWife
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 10:21 PM

I don't because I wouldn't want to switch places with them. At the same time some could see oh well she got pregnant and got on tv. Maybe that is how I do it.

TexasWife
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Oh but now I think they are more like a soap opera than anything because that is all they seem to show.

1.hot.mama2005
by Esther on Jul. 23, 2012 at 11:32 PM

I can't really say, cause I have never watched Teen Mom.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)