Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Any young mom's still live with their parents?

Posted by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 10:39 PM
  • 46 Replies

So i'm 19 and i live with my daughter, boyfriend, mom, and dad. I seriously dont know how much more i can take. They help me so much and i am so greatful for that. but sometimes they just get on my nerves. my mom is constantly telling me how to be a mom. i know how to handle things myself. I know when my daughter is hungry and when she needs her diaper changed and when shes tired. and i take care of her. she just gets so annoying and sometimes she makes me not even want to take on the responsibilities because she nags and nags. i feel like i would be a much better mom if she wasnt around to tell me what to do all the time. and sometimes i dont even feel like a real mother because i have so much help from my parents... 

Does anyone feel this way at all? I just really want to move out already.

by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 10:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lizmartinez
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 10:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Stand your ground. You are the parent. Be grateful you have the help and support from your parents.
I'm assuming that you and/or your bf work. Save your money, don't spend unnecessarily, and move out eventually.
DH and I began living together as soon as I graduated high school and have provided for ourselves on my husband's income (low, he is a student) with no government assistance or help from family (apart from FIL paying for DH's education).
You CAN do it. Save your money and be smart with it. Make that your goal, and you can do it! Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NotAsPlanned
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 10:54 PM
I understand how you can feel that way but I too live with my mom, no boyfriend-I'm a single mom, and she just let's me raise my daughter how I want. She will only step in if I ask her for some help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aslynnrachael
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 10:55 PM

I am so grateful for all they do for me. my boyfriend just recently got a new job and we are both so excited. i am planning on getting my ged very soon and going to school for medical assisting. we both want to move out and we have plans for saving up :) i have wic and ahccss (sp?) haha and i think without the help i get from those two places we would really be having it rough. and of course my mom helps so much money wise and i feel horrible and me and my boyfriend hate taking money from her even though she offers. i cant wait for my own place with my boyfriend and two baby girls!!

Quoting lizmartinez:

Stand your ground. You are the parent. Be grateful you have the help and support from your parents.
I'm assuming that you and/or your bf work. Save your money, don't spend unnecessarily, and move out eventually.
DH and I began living together as soon as I graduated high school and have provided for ourselves on my husband's income (low, he is a student) with no government assistance or help from family (apart from FIL paying for DH's education).
You CAN do it. Save your money and be smart with it. Make that your goal, and you can do it! Good luck!

rvb146
by Member on Jul. 22, 2012 at 10:57 PM

I live with my mother, my brother and my son.  I'm very grateful that we have a roof over our heads.  She knows her boundaries and I am the caregiver unless I am at work or I am in dier need of a nap.  She gives advice when I need it but doesn't tell me what to do. 

Just enjoy the tiny bit of financial freedom you have now.  I'm taking about free rent, utilities, water, insurance, etc.

lizmartinez
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 10:58 PM
Do you live in Arizona?
It sounds like you're working on moving out! Keep on doing that and you'll all do well! I'm sure it can feel like it's taking forever, but you can do it!

Quoting aslynnrachael:

I am so grateful for all they do for me. my boyfriend just recently got a new job and we are both so excited. i am planning on getting my ged very soon and going to school for medical assisting. we both want to move out and we have plans for saving up :) i have wic and ahccss (sp?) haha and i think without the help i get from those two places we would really be having it rough. and of course my mom helps so much money wise and i feel horrible and me and my boyfriend hate taking money from her even though she offers. i cant wait for my own place with my boyfriend and two baby girls!!

Quoting lizmartinez:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rawzle
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 10:59 PM
Oh my gosh I feel likeyou just described my life exactly just now but I have a ds lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SamiiSecurity
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 10:59 PM
I'm 19 and currently living with my son boyfriend and boyfriends parents. I would LOVE to move out, but we'll see how long that takes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aidyns_mommy
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 11:01 PM
No, I moved when I found out I was pregnant. We wanted to be on our own & raise our child together :) I am sorry you are dealing with that though!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LittleUtahMommy
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 11:02 PM
I live with my mom and step dad and am currently expecting. I am excited to be for now because of of the help but I hope to move out after she is born and a little older.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aslynnrachael
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Yes i live in Arizona :) I sure hope we are able to pull it off. Im getting impatient haha. its just hard finding a nice place in a nice area with our price range. i know we cant have the best right away, but i think its really important to have safe surrounding for my kids, we get kind of stressed when we have a hard time finding places.

Quoting lizmartinez:

Do you live in Arizona?
It sounds like you're working on moving out! Keep on doing that and you'll all do well! I'm sure it can feel like it's taking forever, but you can do it!

Quoting aslynnrachael:

Quoting lizmartinez:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN