Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

The Smile I Gained In One Note

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 10:39 PM
  • 4 Replies
3 moms liked this
I have been hiding something from some of you moms that I have started to get to know.

NOTE: Please do not bash. Thank You!

At 15 a year before I had become pregnant with Weston I was a victim of a rape between my sister's ex boyfriend. I carried the baby to full term because I do not believe in abortion and turned out having a baby girl. Her name is Isabella and she is happily living her life with her family.

I placed Isabella up for adoption with a loving family not able to have children. I know I shouldn't have because of what happened but I chose open adoption just so I could get updates on how she is doing etc.

I also know many of you are probably reading this thinking "if you had a kid a year before and have her up, why keep the other?" well its simple, I was raped an couldn't bare to live day by day seeing him in her. My son wasn't planed but it was a case of teenage hormones taking over.

Well Isabella is 6 and not only sees me every 6-8 months but gets to see Weston. Weston and Bella know one another as sister and brother, and me as Adrienne (: I love getting updates and photos and skyping with her.

But...today I got a great letter in the mail! Bella wrote me her first letter telling me how she loves me and Weston and how she cannot wait to see us. She also told me about her new backpack with the Disney princesses and her new purple dress. She even sent an updated photo of her and her new kitten Daisey.

This is amazing! And the best little girl in the world! I'm glad I chose this route for her(:
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 10:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mama_pink_tink
by Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 10:42 PM

aww her note melted my heart for you!!<3

ahicks1108
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 10:44 PM
No bashing here. You chose to give her life :) that speaks for itself!! You should be very proud, she seems like a very sweet little girl!!
MsEmma88
by Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 10:44 PM
That's wonderful mama. Sounds like you made the right decision for everyone. Wishing all of you lots of happiness and lots more notes and smiles to come
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Innocencedreams
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 10:44 PM

That's great! I'm sorry for what happened to you, and I'm glad that you made a choice you could live with and that things are working out for you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN