Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Pregnancy Symptoms 101 - Could you be pregnant?

Posted by   + Show Post

Thanks for joining us in the Young Moms group!

Think you might be pregnant? Tell us your symptoms!

Pregnancy symptoms differ from woman to woman and from pregnancy to pregnancy. Here are some of the most common early pregnancy symptoms:

• Delayed or missed menstrual cycle
  • Cramping or spotting
  • Swollen / tender breasts
  • Fatigue / tiredness
  • Nausea / morning sickness
  • Backaches
  • Headaches
  • Frequent urination
  • Food cravings or food aversions

If you think you may be pregnant, it is important to take a pregnancy test so that you know for sure!

For more info:

Please share your pregnancy symptoms in the replies below!

Join us in the Pregnancy group

by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 4:12 PM
Replies (41-50):
JCSmommy2
by on Jun. 1, 2013 at 10:05 PM
I feel like when you're pregnant, you just know. I woke up one morning.. Said this queasiness in my stomach doesn't feel right, I need to take a test, and that was it. Before that I was just peeing a lot more often than usual, my boobs hurt but nothing crazy. The feeling in my stomach was what stuck out in my mind that something was off.
sunshine86912
by Dawn on Jun. 3, 2013 at 3:23 AM

thanks for sharing

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Jun. 3, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Since you've missed two periods, you should probably go ahead and make an appointment to see your doctor.

Quoting Julie_Yang:

About 1 week ago after my second miss period.

Cuddles995
by on Jun. 3, 2013 at 6:06 PM

I have no idea if I am pregnant or not...I have taken many at home tests and they come out to be negative. But I am always tired, backache, sometimes a slight headache but nothing unbarable like with my first pregnancy, and I am getting "fatter."  I also still get my period, but I have read on multiple sites that people still have their period while pregnant. My diet has not changed at all, and I am young so not to many foods really effect my body in that way. My breats have appeared more fuller, but that could be due to gaining weight if that's the answer? My body hates me, I'm not sure what is going on! 

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Jun. 3, 2013 at 8:30 PM

It doesn't sound like you're probably pregnant, but at this point, maybe you need to see your doctor to find out if there is something going on (thyroid maybe?) and have a blood pregnancy test done which will be more definitive than a home test.

Quoting Cuddles995:

I have no idea if I am pregnant or not...I have taken many at home tests and they come out to be negative. But I am always tired, backache, sometimes a slight headache but nothing unbarable like with my first pregnancy, and I am getting "fatter."  I also still get my period, but I have read on multiple sites that people still have their period while pregnant. My diet has not changed at all, and I am young so not to many foods really effect my body in that way. My breats have appeared more fuller, but that could be due to gaining weight if that's the answer? My body hates me, I'm not sure what is going on! 

Cuddles995
by on Jun. 3, 2013 at 9:12 PM
My mom actually has a thyroid problem... Could that be passed down? She takes medication for it and everything

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

It doesn't sound like you're probably pregnant, but at this point, maybe you need to see your doctor to find out if there is something going on (thyroid maybe?) and have a blood pregnancy test done which will be more definitive than a home test.

Quoting Cuddles995:

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Jun. 3, 2013 at 9:18 PM

From what I understand, thyroid issues can be hereditary.  I've also heard they often develop during/after a pregnancy and since you've had one child, if you've not had it checked, it sure can't hurt to do so.

Quoting Cuddles995:

My mom actually has a thyroid problem... Could that be passed down? She takes medication for it and everything

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

Quoting Cuddles995:

dreambig96
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 3:44 AM
I'm not sure because I've never been pregnant but I have a sore back, i missed my period, and im experiencing a lot of the same experiences i do right before i start my period. I just haven't had my period! I dont ever get sore breasts or anything so i dont have that (i at least dont think i do) ive been tired a lot. I almost passed out cleaning. Actually i did. And i pee more than usual. I used to be able to hold it for a while now its like a constant urge. And not to gross anyone out but seems like everything is just going right through me. I have noticed changes in my mood. I have been getting aggrivated and annoyed easier than usual. I got pissed at my boyfriend for his usual jokes that normally i just brush off or laugh about because ik hes joking. I think im experiencing some bloating. I havent weighed myself in a while so cant say anything about weight changes... i would take a test but i dont have a car at the moment. My boyfriend and i plan on taking one next week when hes back from his vatation. He is hoping i am ..
Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Jul. 7, 2013 at 2:23 PM

It's very possible.  Good luck!

Quoting dreambig96:

I'm not sure because I've never been pregnant but I have a sore back, i missed my period, and im experiencing a lot of the same experiences i do right before i start my period. I just haven't had my period! I dont ever get sore breasts or anything so i dont have that (i at least dont think i do) ive been tired a lot. I almost passed out cleaning. Actually i did. And i pee more than usual. I used to be able to hold it for a while now its like a constant urge. And not to gross anyone out but seems like everything is just going right through me. I have noticed changes in my mood. I have been getting aggrivated and annoyed easier than usual. I got pissed at my boyfriend for his usual jokes that normally i just brush off or laugh about because ik hes joking. I think im experiencing some bloating. I havent weighed myself in a while so cant say anything about weight changes... i would take a test but i dont have a car at the moment. My boyfriend and i plan on taking one next week when hes back from his vatation. He is hoping i am ..

CRobinson418
by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 2:59 PM
could i be pregnant already? me and my fienace began really trying to have a baby last saturday and earlier this week i noticed i was peeing alot more often and my back is killing me and i been getting bad headaches, along with extreme tiredness along with extreme mood swings. but my breast are not tender and im not spoting or cramping and i dont have morning sickness.when is the best time to take a test to know for sure?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN