Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Announcing Your Pregnancy!

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 4:18 PM
  • 23 Replies

Sharing the news of your pregnancy can be a lot of fun!

Here are some ideas on HOW to let others know you're pregnant:

• Buy a special gift that gives it away like a toy or shirt that says, dad, grandma or grandpa on it
  • If you have children already, have them wear an "I'm the big sister/brother' shirt
  • Give them a pink and a blue balloon and let them guess
  • Leave a baby name book or parenting magazines around the house
  • Drop hints or leave clues like scattering baby related items around the house

No matter how you end up sharing the big announcment, try to be there so you can witness the surprised reactions ...and take some pictures, too!

For more ideas:

Please share ideas for sharing the big news in the replies below!

Pregnancy
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 4:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
janell55
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:24 PM
2 moms liked this
Do you have any ways for if your a teen?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 7:41 PM

If you're a teen, and you've not yet told your parents, that's the first step.  And, in that case the best thing to do is just be honest and come out with it, the sooner the better because you're going to need all of the support you can get and they will need a little time to accept it.

Good luck!

Quoting janell55:

-SamSam-
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Quoting janell55:

Just sit down and tell them. I had to since I moved back in with my family not long before I became pregnat. I'm not a young teen but it wasn't the happiest of news to tell my mom. Just have a plan, that helped me alot in getting support from them. Knowing what you're going to do, or having an idea so you can be prepared for their questions is important.

Be strong and good luck, if you have any questions or want to talk you should send me a message.

EliviasMommy_
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 7:06 PM
1 mom liked this
I was terrified to tell my parents especially my dad. I took my mom aside an told her first because i knew she wouldn't flip out as bad as my dad. When i finally got up enough courage to tell my dad I just followed him in the house so we were alone i gave him a big hug an whispered in his ear that he was gonna be a grandpa. Neither one of them were very happy and it took my dad quite awhile to come around (i was 6 months before he would even talk about it!). Just make sure you tell them first that way they don't find out from someone else! If the father is gonna stick around he needs to be there too in my opinion he'll look like a coward if he isn't. No matter how you tell them it'll be alright.
Good luck!

Quoting janell55:

Mrs_Davis123
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 3:07 AM

I'am 18 weeks pregnant and me and my fiance are very excited...

I cant wait to find out what we are having. I dont care what it is as long as our baby is healthy

thats all that matters to us.<3

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:03 PM

Congratulations!

Quoting Mrs_Davis123:

I'am 18 weeks pregnant and me and my fiance are very excited...

I cant wait to find out what we are having. I dont care what it is as long as our baby is healthy

thats all that matters to us.<3

mimc20
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:33 AM

i have to be honest im new to this but i just found found out im pregnate nd im seeking for advice i think we can all agree this can be overwhelming any advice on how i can tell my family about it im only 19 and any advice on what i can be expecting with doc appointments if any one can help would greatly appreciate it thnks..

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:55 PM

Congratulations!

It's usually best to just come right out with the news when you tell your family.  The longer they have to get used to the idea, the better.  

Doctors appointments aren't so bad.  You'll have an internal exam done at your first appointment, as well as some blood drawn.  You'll find out your due date and may even get to have your first ultrasound.

Good luck!

Quoting mimc20:

i have to be honest im new to this but i just found found out im pregnate nd im seeking for advice i think we can all agree this can be overwhelming any advice on how i can tell my family about it im only 19 and any advice on what i can be expecting with doc appointments if any one can help would greatly appreciate it thnks..

Nu_niss
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 1:08 PM
I am 18 weeks today and the 29th of this month I find out what I am having!!! So excited! I am going to finally announce my pregnancy on Easter Sunday, hope everyone is as excited and happy as I am! If not they rly are missing out and I feel bad for them :D
Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Mar. 15, 2013 at 1:24 PM

So exciting!  If they aren't excited for you, I am. :)

Quoting Nu_niss:

I am 18 weeks today and the 29th of this month I find out what I am having!!! So excited! I am going to finally announce my pregnancy on Easter Sunday, hope everyone is as excited and happy as I am! If not they rly are missing out and I feel bad for them :D

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)