Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

post pregnant body

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 1:08 AM
  • 9 Replies

when i got pregnant i was 16 years olf and about 5 foot even... well anyway i ended up gaining 40 lbs and only had stretch marks of my breasts and lower back and that was only after i gave birth! but now i hate my body so much i am still with my DD father and are expected to get married next year.... well he kept up his body and even gained more muscle tone (6' 2" 230LBS NOW 3% body fat like i said he kept his body up) well with his body not changing i feel rly hurt and kinda resentful toward him because nothing changed for him but i still am not used to mine almost 2 years later..... sometimes i hate even looking at myself in the mirror and he tries to tell me he loves my body the way it is now but i feel horrible that i am not in shape and not looking good enough for him (he rly feels now like nothing he says will help me calm down about it and that is making me feel even worse about it) anyway there are days that i will break down crying from it.... idk y but usually girls care less about everyones opinion after having a kid but i got so much worse about it . please any advise on dealing with all of it............... i went from a size 1 to a size 7 because of my chest and hips and some because of my stomach

simple frown

by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 1:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
1.hot.mama2005
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 6:20 PM

If he says he love your body, then he does. I understand how hard it is to change how you see yourself, but try to see what he sees. He sees the woman who carried his child. Who went through pain to bring that child into this world. He sees the woman he loves and wants to spend his life with. :)

LittleUtahMommy
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 6:24 PM
I worry about my body being like that after pregnancy too. I have only gained just over 20lbs tho.

Just do everything you can to look and feel your best and be confident. Everyone has flaws :) you went thru hell making that baby, be proud of yourself!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mel0dy
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Quoting 1.hot.mama2005:

If he says he love your body, then he does. I understand how hard it is to change how you see yourself, but try to see what he sees. He sees the woman who carried his child. Who went through pain to bring that child into this world. He sees the woman he loves and wants to spend his life with. :)

This......... I wear a size 7 and I look damn good and I'm sure you look awesome 2 :) My Man loved my body before but now he loves it even more. He just can't keep his hands off my hips and EVERYTHING else lol and I wont lie i'm LOVING the fact that I now have boobs:)  i'm still not feeling 100%  about my body yet but it takes awhile to get used to the new body.  

lalamama92
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 6:28 PM
Girl even a 7 isn't big & if he days he loves your body that's all that matters . Don't be so hard on yurself mama !
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Christygrl
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 7:10 PM

I know how you feel but at least you're still a small size. I went from 7 to 13, gaining about the same amount of weight as you. I do not like my body.

mandybimama
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 7:32 PM

This! I definitely dont have the same body I did before DD but you have to face yourself in the mirror and learn to embrace the new you. I love this quote about stretch marks - Your body is not ruined, you are a tiger who has earned her stripes.

Quoting 1.hot.mama2005:

Hanab818
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 7:42 PM
Im the same way. Before ds1 was born i gained 30 lbs when hubby was in Afghanistan and my dad had just died. Then with ds 1 i gained 30 then lost 30 then 9 months later got pregnant with ds 2 and gained another 30 lbs. I cant even take my shirt off during sex. I went from a 3 to a 12. I was so depressed about it. But i finally got sick of it i am changing everything about how me and the family eat. I just started so no change yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aniters
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 5:17 PM

i gained 45 pounds with my pregnancy and i know how you feel. i HATE my body now :( i'm a curvy girl but i used to be a size 5 and had a flat tummy. now i'm a size 7 and can't seem to get rid of the flab on my stomach. my boyfriend also tells me he loves my body but i just hate it so much. i'm also 4'11 -.-

SamiiSecurity
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 5:24 PM
I'm 5'3. I'm 19. And my son is 4 weeks old. I gained 45 pounds my whole pregnancy and ended up with three stretch marks on my left hip and my butt covered in them! None on my stomach though which made me happy. But prepregnancy I weighed 115. Well now I currently weigh 140 so I lost 20 pounds. But I feel fat most days. My BF always tells me he loves my body no matter what, but I hate the way I look. I totally know how you feel! I am currently working on trying to get down to prepregnancy weight and put lotion on my stretch marks to help them. But I know my body will never be the same):
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN