Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

"ashame your dad died when you were only 13, he clearly didn't teach you manners "

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 5:45 PM
  • 19 Replies

So, I am going on a mother son trip to miami with my 4 years old son tommorw &+ I haven't taken a plane in AGES. I usually drive from New Jersey to miami to save money and anxiety attacks but since i'm 21 weeks pregnant i don't feel roadtripping alone with a 4 ys old is the smartest choice..

My dad was a port authority police officer killed on 9/11 in NYC at the WTC. I was only 13 but I saw the whole thing from my 8th grade english class window. Because of that I have PTSD.

I was looking over the TSA guide lines to make sure I'm not the jerk that holds up the lines because I brought something in my carryon that isn't allowed.

I post on Facebook this status "So let me get this straight....I CAN pack 6 inch heels in my carry on bag but I CANT bring nail clippers or a bag of cookies or any liquid over 3 oz....Idk what world we live in that cookies are a weapon but 6 inch stilletto heels I can take out eyeballs and stab a neck with is totally safe........makes perfect sense"

I am sorry but it is ridic i can't bring a sippy cup for mase [my son] but i can pack a lighter, a curling iron and high heels in my carry on .

well I had one of my Highschool aquantinces say "you would think for someone who's dad died in 9/11 you'd be a little less ignorant to the rules and want to provent anyone else's parent from dying."

I just had to re read her statement 3 times before it fully hit me she had the ball to say this to me...i just replay "if you think a bag of cookies and a juice box can kill someone over stilletto heels it's safe to say the terrorist won" LOL it's true I'm not sorry.

She blocked me for being a "smart ass bitch" and went on to say "it's ashame your dad died when you were only 13, he clearly didn't teach you manners or how to act like a proper lady in his lifetime" I just ignore her because it shows how ugly of a person she is. If my dad didn't raise a "lady" i'd go to her house and highfive her in the face LOL.

If I, a person who lost her father can see how extreeme some of these rules are why can't others?

Was I out of line?

by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 5:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NotAsPlanned
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 6:26 PM
1 mom liked this
You were not out of line at all! I agree with you about the rules, some are just ridiculous. I'm sorry for your loss by the way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Vipergirl22
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 7:16 PM

I think you were not out of line. Seriously you are right if you can see the harsh rules then why can't someone else. And sorry for your loss..

capmonkey93
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 10:39 PM

i agree but i can understand about the 3 oz liquid... but if you open a container and it smells like apple juice and your son asks for his juice and he is there drinking it then i think its apple juice but that is just a huge shame

DOllfACE-
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Quoting capmonkey93:

i agree but i can understand about the 3 oz liquid... but if you open a container and it smells like apple juice and your son asks for his juice and he is there drinking it then i think its apple juice but that is just a huge shame

they have these sticks they dip in even baby formula bottles to test it for "hazard" liquid. it's friggin insane

mlg9209
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 10:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Hell no. I would have found out where that bitch was and knocked her ass out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sofiasmom17
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this

wow. what an insensitive BITCH. clearly, SHE is the one with no manners, how dare she bring up such a sensitive subject such as your father's death in a FB post that way? ugh. never speak to her again....

maryjxo1988
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 10:54 PM
Are you friggin serious? What a heartless bitch! It would have taken a lot of willpower not to highfive her in the face! I mean how mean can someone really be? I'm so sorry that you have to put up with people like that in your life and I've never flown so I don't know the rules but from what I hear they are extremely insane!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maevelyn
by Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 10:56 PM

No you're completely right on all accounts. Most of the TSA rules make no sense but I guess they can't eliminate carry on all together. 

mrsbrock1012
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 1:58 AM

psh you should have told her its a shame that she has a father and STILL cant act like a lady, says a lot about how well SHE was raised.

amber710
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 8:39 AM

She is a bitch. It is not her place to be talking about your dad or his death like she knows anything about it. That should not have even been brought up. To bring it up is just rude and hurtful. It also has nothing to do with you wanting to be able to bring juice and cookies on a plane.

The rules are stupid. Like your ex-friend.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)