Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Advice, please?!

Posted by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 1:27 PM
  • 16 Replies

I'm currently 12 weeks and 3 days pregnant today expecting a little girl. I thought my bipolar moodswings were done for a while, but why do i feel almost guilty and depressed about my pregnancy? I get so upset over the smallest things like my clothes not fitting anymore or just the fact all my friends left when i announced my pregnancy. I really have no friends except my mom. I guess it's because im 17 and pregnant, but people make mistakes right? although, i dont believe my little girl is a mistake. I'm also going to be a single mother. If anyone can offer advice or support please comment on this. Thankyou so much for reading this <3

by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 1:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mami2be96
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 2:45 PM

i went thru that...i have no friend either other then my boyfriend...thats it...i just turned 16 and im pregnant with my daughter. Your not alone hun. message and add me if you want :) seems like we both need friends and we both are kind of going through the same thing, Hang in there girl. <3

CafeMom Tickers
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Aug. 2, 2012 at 3:04 PM

Totally normal, mama.  Especially for a younger mom.

HeCallsMeMom16
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 3:06 PM

Hey mama! :) I am 17 as well, and I have a  7 month old son! I am also a single mom. It is okay to feel guilty and depressed about being pregnant... those are all the crazy pregnancy hormones talking to you! It will pass eventually. I was in the same situation as you... I lost all of my friends when they found out I was pregnant. You are being forced to grow up and mature, so in a way, you probably outgrew your friends. I know it gets lonely and its really hard sometimes :( You will make new friends! Since ive had my son, I have found so many other teen moms in my area... we even have get togethers every week! Maybe you can find a group for teen moms where you live. If you ever need anyone to talk to or any advice, feel free to message me :) 

johnson_bree
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 5:12 PM
I went thru the same thing, im 20 with a 7 month old message me
maxzinedanielle
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 5:52 PM

Quoting mami2be96:

i went thru that...i have no friend either other then my boyfriend...thats it...i just turned 16 and im pregnant with my daughter. Your not alone hun. message and add me if you want :) seems like we both need friends and we both are kind of going through the same thing, Hang in there girl. <3

Aweh/:
Im a single mommy to be.
I definately do need a friend right now :) so feel free to add me!!!

maxzinedanielle
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 5:56 PM

Quoting HeCallsMeMom16:

Hey mama! :) I am 17 as well, and I have a  7 month old son! I am also a single mom. It is okay to feel guilty and depressed about being pregnant... those are all the crazy pregnancy hormones talking to you! It will pass eventually. I was in the same situation as you... I lost all of my friends when they found out I was pregnant. You are being forced to grow up and mature, so in a way, you probably outgrew your friends. I know it gets lonely and its really hard sometimes :( You will make new friends! Since ive had my son, I have found so many other teen moms in my area... we even have get togethers every week! Maybe you can find a group for teen moms where you live. If you ever need anyone to talk to or any advice, feel free to message me :) 

Thankyou(:
I really hope i do make new friends, Mature ones.
Id really like if we could talk more often!
I need more support :/

deadheadmom601
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 8:03 PM

I lost all my friends when I was pregnant. mostly because I didn't even want to leave the house. The good news is when you do have your baby your bound to meet other new moms and you'll be able to relate to them better any way. I've found that i've grown and matured so much. your friends who dont have kids will never understand why you cant go out and party anymore everynight. they wont know what it feels like to have a little person depending on you and only you. i met so many better people after i had my baby and they understand why i get excided everytime she shits herself or everytime she smiles or coos. so hang in there!

maxzinedanielle
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 6:19 AM

Quoting deadheadmom601:

I lost all my friends when I was pregnant. mostly because I didn't even want to leave the house. The good news is when you do have your baby your bound to meet other new moms and you'll be able to relate to them better any way. I've found that i've grown and matured so much. your friends who dont have kids will never understand why you cant go out and party anymore everynight. they wont know what it feels like to have a little person depending on you and only you. i met so many better people after i had my baby and they understand why i get excided everytime she shits herself or everytime she smiles or coos. so hang in there!

Yeah, i legit lost everyone. The baby's father is abusive so im signing a restraining order against him. Im already pretty mature about things and ive got my life going straight with education and my liscense. I just worry sometimes that im not going to be a good enough mommy for my daughter. I really think alot of my old friends never would've realized how it does feel to be pregnant at this age.

johnson_bree
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 7:19 AM
So now I found your post, I know what advice to give you!(: you can still message me but for faster response you can txt me ill sens you my #
Shy_Dia
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 7:29 AM

trust me, after your DD is here- it'll be between you dont have time for friends, and you wont want to be friends with those people. look into parenting groups and pregnancy groups (moms due around the same age)... that way, you still get to have friends, as well as take this motherhood journey with a few females behind you. they may/will be older than you, but its better than doing it alone. i was 16 when i was preg with DS- i know how hard it is, but it'll get easier. my son is going on 7 in 2 months.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)