Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

I'm currently 12 weeks and 3 days pregnant today expecting a little girl. I thought my bipolar moodswings were done for a while, but why do i feel almost guilty and depressed about my pregnancy? I get so upset over the smallest things like my clothes not fitting anymore or just the fact all my friends left when i announced my pregnancy. I really have no friends except my mom. I guess it's because im 17 and pregnant, but people make mistakes right? although, i dont believe my little girl is a mistake. I'm also going to be a single mother. If anyone can offer advice or support please comment on this. Thankyou so much for reading this <3

by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 1:27 PM
Replies (11-16):
RoseBud93
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 10:34 AM

I am/was in the exact same position. I am expecting a little girl as well but I am 18, turning 19 the same month I am expected to have her. Everyone started to trickle out of my life when I announced my pregnancy and what was worse was, I was engaged to the father and we had broken up just before finding out i was pregnant because he wanted to pork his ex and asked ME advice on how while drunk -.- stupid shit. so now, I will be a single mother.
I am now 28 weeks along and my best advice is to find new friends while you can. including other moms. at some point you wont have energy anymore to go out very much so go out while you can and have [safe] fun and make new friends. Everyone loves someone who's pregnant. you will learn many women will give you a weird look knowing youre young but at the same time, SO many women will be happy for you and want to give advice. OOOH and guys love a girl when she's pregnant. not totally sure why but many guys secretly have a pregnancy fetish. I've learned. 
I was unlucky enough to  not make new friends because my energy went into trying to get my fiance back, or my two jobs. i ended up having to quit both of my jobs and due to all of my complications I am pretty much on bed rest. I never get out :/ which puts a huge damper on my overall mood, which i certainly dont want you to go through.
but i'll gladly  give you any advice as time progresses. 

CafeMom Tickers
Cuffd
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 3:31 PM
I'm 17 & 15 weeks and one day inbox me yer # so we could text (:
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lydiangray
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Wow, you found out the baby's gender early! I wish I had been able to that early, I was going crazy waiting to know. >.<

As the baby of a single mother, I can tell you that your little girl is going to love you more than anything. I know that my mom isn't perfect, but the fact that she was able to raise me and love me on her own makes me feel so special and grateful. You'll do a great job, and your little girl will feel the same. Stay strong!

MommieBre21
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 4:14 AM

Im 21 with 2 daughters, and its just hormones i use to cry all the time bc my clothes couldnt fit, i promise you after you have your daughter you will be able to fit back into them. i would also consider getting child support from your daughters dad, if he bailed.

HeCallsMeMom16
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 7:47 PM

I support you 100%! :) You can message me if you want! :)

Quoting maxzinedanielle:

Quoting HeCallsMeMom16:

Hey mama! :) I am 17 as well, and I have a  7 month old son! I am also a single mom. It is okay to feel guilty and depressed about being pregnant... those are all the crazy pregnancy hormones talking to you! It will pass eventually. I was in the same situation as you... I lost all of my friends when they found out I was pregnant. You are being forced to grow up and mature, so in a way, you probably outgrew your friends. I know it gets lonely and its really hard sometimes :( You will make new friends! Since ive had my son, I have found so many other teen moms in my area... we even have get togethers every week! Maybe you can find a group for teen moms where you live. If you ever need anyone to talk to or any advice, feel free to message me :) 

Thankyou(:
I really hope i do make new friends, Mature ones.
Id really like if we could talk more often!
I need more support :/

heather4511
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 5:38 AM
How do you already know It's a girl?

I have been a single mom for five years, I have a DD and a son too. It can be hard, but so rewarding at the same time. I lost all my friends too. But you will see that people like that won't fit into your new schedule anyway.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN