Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Wishing I Went...

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 3:41 PM
  • 4 Replies

I wish I went to college. I am feeling as though I am going to regret it soon. I cannot be a diesel host for the rest of my life and sooner or later I will start aging and not meet their requirements. I finished school, just to note that. But once I graduated I jumped into a relationship with my DH of 3 1/2 years as well as jumping into a long contract with a company to do promotional work.

I just really don't want my daughter to ask me where I attended school and what for when the time comes and me feel like a failure and tell her I didn't go at all. I'm 24, my friends and family say it's still young enough to go to school. I really wanted to go for Psychology. Do you think I could do it? I'm 7 months pregnant though at the moment. Should I hold off until the baby comes and hits the age of being able to go to a daycare for a bit so I can go. Or should I start it now, but put it on hold when she arrives to raise her?

I'm lost and confused. What do you all think?

by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 3:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Innocencedreams
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 5:13 PM

Take online classes, or go to college. I have my degree, though I've never used it. I am so happy and thankful that I have it. The issue for someone with no degree isn't just feeling bad about not having it, but if you have to work, or find a new job, then that is hard to do without a degree. Some jobs you don't need one, but most jobs above min wage, you do. It's about being able to fully and securely support yourself and your family should you have to. 

MandaMom23
by Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 2:07 PM

You can do it.  There are so many options out there for parents and working people to attend college.  If you want it enough you can make it work.  It might not be easy but it is worth it in the end. 

1.hot.mama2005
by Esther on Aug. 4, 2012 at 2:11 PM

I know how you feel. I never went to college either. I suggest you look into doing some online courses. Then you wont have to stop when the baby comes. :) Good luck!

AubreeGrace17
by Aubree on Aug. 4, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Start now! If you hold off until your baby is older you will just keep putting it off. It's important you go to school and get a degree. Not trying to offend you but these days a high school diploma can only go so far.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)