Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Dating advise needed.

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 4:07 AM
  • 3 Replies

So I have been single for about a year now, I have talked to guys threw out the year but for some reason I wont allow myself to get closer with them. After like 2 weeks of starting to get serious with a guy I just withdraw. I know its because I have a baby. I do not want my son to get attached and love someone just as much as me and lose them because that's just what happens before you fine the one.. I mean he already lost his pos "dad" I don't want him to go thew that again. How can I be more okay with dating? I want to be in a relationship at one point but I don't know how to go about it with such a young baby. Maybe I'm just not ready yet I am a young mom,, working trying to support my baby maybe I should just wait until I'm a little older and my sons older? Idk help lol.

by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 4:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Vipergirl22
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 4:29 AM

Or maybe you are simply just scared. Scared to get too close and scared to get hurt. Yea having a baby is a huge part in choosing the guy because you don't want a repeat of the bio dad. And being careful in that choice is good because some would not care. Just don't give the boot because you are scared and you may not realize it now but maybe it is just nerves and you have every right to have them. Go slow and take your time in getting to know the guy.

Livinwith3boys
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 4:30 AM
1 mom liked this

My advice focus on going back to school....educate yourself...then worry about finding a man!

BeachMama05
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 9:41 AM

Instead of looking for it, just keeping focusing on your life and it will come!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)