Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

I want to move to a different state but...

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 12:43 PM
  • 9 Replies
I live in PA and my whole family/extended family is here. I have a 4 year old but I'm not with her dad anymore and I have a boyfriend of a year. Both of us are dying to move to Florida but my daughters dad has her 3 days a week. I am in school to be a marine animal trainer and Florida is where my internship will be next summer. We dont have a court ordered custody agreement or anything. I was wondering if any of you have done this? Moved away from your children's dads...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 12:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
1.hot.mama2005
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 12:51 PM

If he sees her that often, I don't think it would be a good idea to move.

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 2:11 PM

Even though you don't have a court order, is he on her birth certificate?  If so, and since he's active in her life, I think this is something that you and your ex need to sit down and put some serious thought/discussion into.  It's a big decision that will affect both him and your daughter.

marissabrookee
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 3:15 PM
I know he's gonna say no it just sucks because I'm gonna be miserable for the next 13 years in PA not being able to do what I wanna do ya know?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Vipergirl22
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 4:37 PM

It should be discussed with her dad. Hopefully he will understand.

marissabrookee
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 6:10 PM
yeah he won't, he's a nut. too in love with her to let her move 18 hours away. I guess I'm waiting 13 years...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
milmil06
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 4:16 AM
U need to go to court if nothing is in writing cus legally he can take her and if u called the cops there's nothing they can do bc y'all have equal rights when my husband got out of the air force he got a job out of state my oldest son isn't biologically his but our situation is different my sons sperm donor was never involved. But when he found out my husband and I were engaged he filed custody paperwork so my husband had to move for his job and I was left behind to live with my parents my 2 yo and 6 months pregnant now by the time court came around we were already married I didn't let all the drama ruin my wedding cus we were totally blind sided and I was not letting the sd get his way cus he was only trying to cause drama anyways I had to get permission from the judge to move and he granted it along with us having full legal and physical custody but I had a 30 day period I had to wait before I could move by law so my suggestion is start everything now bc it can end up being a long ugly process it's been a 2 years since the sd attempted supervised visitations which never succeed bc my son wanted nothing to do with it just cried all the time even of I was in the room with him during it and my husband is dying to adopt him but I'm so scared to start all the drama all over again so I can understand hesitation but it has to be done just like our adoption does my son only knows his last name to be ours he picked it up from me calling my husband by his last name and honestly I bet that's all he'll ever believe it to be bc when the visitation went on the supervisors and the sd tried to tell him the sd was his "daddy" and he would just yell and cry and say no he's not my daddy is at work or in the other room when my husband was still in the same state as us and would come to the visitation and although our situations r completely different i believe the judge may possibly favor u only bc u moving for Job/education reasons not doing it spitefully
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AubreeGrace17
by Aubree on Aug. 8, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Do what is best for both you and your daughter.

lillokita
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 12:23 AM
He's a nut? Because he loves his daughter and doesn't want her that far away?

You could leave her with him or split custody on a bigger scale like 3 months or 6 months.

Quoting marissabrookee:

yeah he won't, he's a nut. too in love with her to let her move 18 hours away. I guess I'm waiting 13 years...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marissabrookee
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 8:54 AM
no he's a nut for many other reasons. he doesn't want me to be happy since I left him.

Quoting lillokita:

He's a nut? Because he loves his daughter and doesn't want her that far away?

You could leave her with him or split custody on a bigger scale like 3 months or 6 months.

Quoting marissabrookee:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN