Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

seriously? teen moms!

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 12:47 AM
  • 26 Replies
1 mom liked this
I hate how young girls try to have babies. Its an idiotic thing to do. I get if you accidently get pregnant but on purpose? If you have a job and can try to support yourself then iits better but when you try to get pregnant and your parents take care of your child. Or b your child's things then its dumb.

Not saying anything about people who get pregnant by accident. I'm 18 and have a 5 month old. But I had plans and I'm working my butt off accomplishing those plans. And then I see that 15 year old who's dropped out of school who's parents take care of their child and they don't plan on doing anything in life. I just want to slap them. Get up and do something with your life. Do it for your child.

I'm not saying all teen moms are like this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 12:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Innocencedreams
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:38 AM
2 moms liked this

I know. I was 18 when I got pregnant on purpose, we were actively trying. However, we were also married and could easily afford a child. My two younger sisters, who we have adopted, are both pregnant, because they wanted to get pregnant. They are 13 and 14. I will never understand why they thought it was a good idea (BTW, they got pregnant before they came to live with us), but now, we are making the best we can out of it. But while we have to support them financially for everything, they will NOT be dropping out of school. They will get straight A's, like they have been, and they will get a diploma, and they will go to college. We'll pay for college, and their kids, but they have to build a better future for themselves and their kids. 

mcxmomma2012
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 5:01 AM

I absolutly agree! I went up to my old highschool back in march to get a copy of my transscript, I saw freshman  girls that looked to be 8-9 months pregnant!  60% of that school's females were pregnant it was horrific. I overheard one girl saying her mom was going to pay for daipers and everything and take care of the baby while she was off partying and hanging out with friends. i CANNOT stand girls like that..I was 18 when i was pregnant with my son and 19 when i had him. It was not planned but he is the best thing thats ever happened to me.

Kirstyttc
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 5:11 AM

I personally dont believe in an accident unless protection is used correctly and fails, everyone is educated enough to know what sex does so an "accident" when no protection is used to me is just being completly irresponsible, i planned my first from 19 when i felt i was ready enough to raise a baby i would have been 20 when it was born had i got pregnant easily, it took 18months ttc when we finally got pregnant and i had her when i was 21, In a way im glad i had a hard time getting pregnant because 21 is a much better age i think, but it winds me up when i see 15 year olds having babies! i know one in my family whos baby is about 8 months now and recently turned 16, shes a good mum yes but shes missing out on so much, school, friends ect having a baby at 21 i feel im not missing anything, i was never interested in partyin,g i own my own home with my partner who ive been with for 6 years, ive traveled alot overseas and was 100% ready to settle down and have a baby and id never change it!

.stella.
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 5:17 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree with what you're saying. I can't stand people that have kids then have their parents take care of it and support it. Granted I was a teen mom, I finished hs while working and now I just graduated college with honors..not all teen moms are the same :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
diamond8
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 10:42 AM

i agree!.if your going to lay down than women enough to not have your parents raise your kids!.. i had my son at 16 turned 17 the next week..(i was kicked out my house shortly after and been on my own every since).. this was not a MISTAKE but rather a bad decision to have unprotected sex. i am 25 now and my son is 8 and i can say i would not any one no matter what age to have a child when they are not mentally capable or financially fir. its f**king hard as shit to be a singlemother. i am married now and am very lucky to have graduated high school.and my husband and I have great careers..which was also hard af, but i did, i have many friends who did not do shit with they life and went on to have more kids and live on welfare..drugs..etc.. i have been married for 4 years and we are just now starting to think about another child.i don't think you can get pregnant on accident it is your choice to lay down and keep an unwanted child. there are many other options out there. children are never mistakes.. we as young mothers just need to own the fact we made bad choices..children are blessings and i know i speak for more than my self that having that child so young made me a better hardworking grateful person.

Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Aug. 8, 2012 at 10:46 AM
I agree with you. I was 16 when I got pregnant--my first time having sex, and WITH a condom, go figure--and I did everything in my power to achieve my goals. I finished high school on time, got my bachelor's degree, and and got a job I love. I hate to see so many young girls throwing it all away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alleycat_2
by Alexandra on Aug. 8, 2012 at 11:07 AM
I got pregnant at 14 and had dd at 15. Its not what I wanted for my life but Im happy to say my parents never took care of my child. I did everything for her and so did her father. Im also happy to say we are married with two kids and completely on our own. Some girls need a reality check. A baby is is another life to be responsible for not a toy that you give to your parents when you are bored with it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mxcanapochamama
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 11:32 AM

I think it depends on the person, some have kids young and have there parents take over and some are actually responsible for there own kids. Not all planed teen pregnancies are just because theyre being dumb and dont know what there getting into (you shouldnt judge) . I planed my first pregnancy when I was 15 but it was because I wanted to get out of my house and have my own family, my parents were awful I actually wanted an emancipation but its hard to get one in Cali when your 15. I had a miscarriage with tht pregnancy but later got pregnant at 16 without planing and he wore a condom. I raised my daughter with out help 4rm my parents only my husband and we have 2 now. 

MamìMexicana

AubreeG16
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 12:27 PM
Oh wow! I had my twins at barely 15 and now I'm am almost 17 with almost 2 year olds! Its really great that your helping them! Good luck in school for them!! :D

Quoting Innocencedreams:

I know. I was 18 when I got pregnant on purpose, we were actively trying. However, we were also married and could easily afford a child. My two younger sisters, who we have adopted, are both pregnant, because they wanted to get pregnant. They are 13 and 14. I will never understand why they thought it was a good idea (BTW, they got pregnant before they came to live with us), but now, we are making the best we can out of it. But while we have to support them financially for everything, they will NOT be dropping out of school. They will get straight A's, like they have been, and they will get a diploma, and they will go to college. We'll pay for college, and their kids, but they have to build a better future for themselves and their kids. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LittleUtahMommy
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 12:33 PM
I have a friend who is constantly asking me to borrow money, like 50-80 dollars at a time because she can't afford rent to her mother in law. She has been trying to get pregnant and now she is. She has a job but somehow needs to borrow money all the time. She doesn't know what a big task she has taken on herself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)