Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

HOLY CRAP, ROMNEY CALLED OBAMA THE N WORD!

Posted by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 6:01 PM
  • 3 Replies

Not that I know of but it got you to open this!

With the elections coming up I have been trying to follow politics to educate myself and also to help my children have better lives...and I've noticed a pattern of BS.

Do you think there will EVER be a time in our country when there is 0 Tolerance for racism, discrimination, and attack ad campaigns?

Why or why not?

I think , and this is JUST MY VIEW, that if Barack Obama wasn't black, [1/2 black to be politically correct] he'd have more respect. And I also have heard people say he only won BECAUSE he is black.

I am NOT African American/ black. I was adopted, but biologically my mother was Irish and Scottish my dad was puerto rican and Dominican. I was adopted into an Italian-American family. When I tell people my mix i get looks and it is sad ,because we are supposed to be a "melting pot" of culture,we are a country based on freedom and equality but I don't think it really exists,

What is your take on it? Do you think race, religion and cultural background have an effect on people's pick for a candidate? And do you think there will ever be a time when our nation will actually stand united & look past our differences?

by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 6:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
AubreeGrace17
by Aubree on Aug. 14, 2012 at 9:41 PM

I think that things are about as good as they will ever get. We have some more work to do as far as gay rights go, but I think this is the peak.

afsfym00
by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 9:52 PM

No, those things will always matter in this country. I don't know why, but this is one of the few developed, western nations where gender, sexual orientation, cultural background, race, and religion matter to this extreme, to this many epeople. 

kaitlyn93
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Honestly if you look at how far that we have come with racism since our country was founded, i think we have a pretty good chance of continuing to see a fall in racism an even sexism. if you told my great grandmother when she was 18 that when her great granddaughter grew up she would have an african american president, she would have laughed at you. will racism ever be completely ridded of in the minds of the people in our country? highly unlikely. but the generations that follow seem to be much more excepting and embracing of different cultures and ideas than their parents ever were. if this continues than we may see a drastic change in the way the entire country thinks about these topics as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)