Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Baby mama and baby daddy

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 12:47 PM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this
So I know some of you are pregnant or have babies already and not married. I'm the same way. I am still with my boyfriend. It will be 4 years in September. My son is 4 months at the end of this month. I just don't see myself referring to my boyfriend as baby daddy even if we weren't together. I would actually take it offensive for him to call me baby mama! It just sounds do degrading. Obviously you had feelings for him at one time or another. So why degrade or self or even each other and call each other baby mama and baby daddy. Just sounds ghetto to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 12:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ilovemykids732
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 12:51 PM

This guy I was dating after i had my oldest DS [for a few weeks, I had dated him before I met my ex... its a long confusing story... In middle school I had dated this guy... than after my sons father and I broke up I started talking to him again and we went back out... We had a pregnancy scare and he called me his baby mama... I broke up with him at that instant... a few weeks later I met my now DH... he called me his girlfriend... his fiance, and now his wife... I liked that... :)

Pooobaihr
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 12:53 PM

I don't see it as degrading.

He is my kids dad.

Now... if we're talking about my EX, I just call him my EX, cause thats what he is... but my oldest son's father and I were never in a relationship... So yeah he's my baby daddy. lol.

novachick
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2012 at 12:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I call him my ex husband. But if we hadn't been married and had broken up I would say my childrens' father because I don't speak like that :) I agree with you that it sounds ghetto. It is not proper grammar and that bugs me. Maybe, just maybe, I could get on board with my baby's daddy instead of my baby daddy, but I think it's been tainted by baby daddy too long to even say that. I would definitely refer to him as my childrens' father.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
calleigh0709
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 1:11 PM
I have never referred to my ex as baby daddy. Even though he is my baby's daddy. As much as I hate him I could never say that. He is her father and even though he has done many things I would love to kick his ass about, my daughter loves him to pieces. She will be 5 and he is her world so he must be doing something right.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rain2Rinse
by Member on Aug. 18, 2012 at 1:15 PM
I think it is tasteless... But, to each her own.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heatherd09
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 1:17 PM
He is still my bf but we say it just as a joke to each other. He would never introduce me as his baby mama or refer to me as his baby mama to other people nor would I about him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
siennasmamma
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 1:21 PM

What others call their child's father is their choice. It might be tasteless to you, but that's not how they feel about it. We all have our own personal opinions, and to each their own.

Teenmommy1119
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 1:21 PM
My baby's dad is a piece of shit. Yes I had feelings for him, but I couldnt see myself with him in the long run. Especially knowing he lied to mr about having kids & him asking other girls to get an abortion (multiple girls and one girl multiple times). It's not "ghetto" or degrading because that's what he is. My baby's dad & I'm my baby's mom.. & my son will have nothing to do with him (his choice not mine)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
afsfym00
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 1:43 PM
That term, I find degrading as well. I am pregnant, we aren't married, but we will be before baby is born, but I don't refer ti mg fiance as baby daddy, he is my child's father and my fiance.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
newmom3917
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 1:55 PM
My SO calls me mama sometimes when it's just he & I (I'm pregnant with his baby). But he never introduces me as that, and he doesnt say "baby mama", just "mama" lol. :) he introduces me as his girlfriend.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)