Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

back to school nerves

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 6:07 PM
  • 15 Replies

i start school in 2 weeks,this will be my senior year of highschool and i am super nervous about going back to school. Im not the type of person that cares what other people think, or say about me, but my stomach is growing and i am nervous about what people will say considering im currently the only pregnant girl in my school. How did some of you deal with school and the things people said/say when they saw you/ found out you were pregnant? 

Kenndall ♥  Max  EST~ 6.15.11

CafeMom Tickers

by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 6:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cutiegirl0619
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 7:17 PM

I ignored what everyone said,most people went behind my back but my true friends were really supportive. When people asked me quetions i'd give them a straight answer and walk away or tell them nevermind. When you go to school don't let people get to you or stress you out. Hope all goes well :)

AubreeGrace17
by Aubree on Aug. 20, 2012 at 7:32 PM

I never really had to worry about that much. I attended an online school last fall during what would have been my junior year. (I'm guessing we're around the same age) And I started going to that school because I was pregnant and so I could graduate a year early. The school required students to come into lab one day a week and when I did that I never had an issue with any of the kids there. Stick with your friends and switch to an online school if you can. It will be easier when your baby is born. Are you due in March?

xOsummergrlOx94
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 8:06 PM

thanks for the advice!!  i hope i can handle it as well as you did! :)

Quoting cutiegirl0619:

I ignored what everyone said,most people went behind my back but my true friends were really supportive. When people asked me quetions i'd give them a straight answer and walk away or tell them nevermind. When you go to school don't let people get to you or stress you out. Hope all goes well :)

CafeMom Tickers

xOsummergrlOx94
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 8:10 PM

yea, i am due March 11th.  I am a senior this year, so i would really like to finish my last year of highschool, with my friends!! thanks! :)

Quoting AubreeGrace17:

I never really had to worry about that much. I attended an online school last fall during what would have been my junior year. (I'm guessing we're around the same age) And I started going to that school because I was pregnant and so I could graduate a year early. The school required students to come into lab one day a week and when I did that I never had an issue with any of the kids there. Stick with your friends and switch to an online school if you can. It will be easier when your baby is born. Are you due in March?

CafeMom Tickers

AubreeGrace17
by Aubree on Aug. 20, 2012 at 8:46 PM

My due date was March 15th. I regret not doing it the way you are, but in the end it was my choice. Do all of your friends know?

Quoting xOsummergrlOx94:

yea, i am due March 11th.  I am a senior this year, so i would really like to finish my last year of highschool, with my friends!! thanks! :)

Quoting AubreeGrace17:

xOsummergrlOx94
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 8:50 PM

of course! everyone's positions are different and you have to do what works best for you and your family! hopefully me going to school is the best choice for us! :) not all of them, only a few of them. im nervous to tell them, i hate letting people down!

Quoting AubreeGrace17:

My due date was March 15th. I regret not doing it the way you are, but in the end it was my choice. Do all of your friends know?

Quoting xOsummergrlOx94:

Quoting AubreeGrace17:

AubreeGrace17
by Aubree on Aug. 20, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Oh definitely. I think it will be. You might have issues towards the end when you get farther along as far as being able to walk around, but schools are usually really good about making accomodations. I think it's awesome you are staying in school! Tell them when you are ready. I only told a few of my friends, because the others I didn't feel as close to. This is also a good experience because you will learn who your true friends are and it will make your friendships stronger.

Quoting xOsummergrlOx94:

of course! everyone's positions are different and you have to do what works best for you and your family! hopefully me going to school is the best choice for us! :) not all of them, only a few of them. im nervous to tell them, i hate letting people down!

Quoting AubreeGrace17:

Quoting xOsummergrlOx94:

Quoting AubreeGrace17:

xOsummergrlOx94
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 8:58 PM

yea! there was a pregnant girl in my school 2 years ago and they helped her out a lot, with using the elevator and wheel chair depending on how she was feeling that day, ect. 

either way they are going to find out, i just have to figure out if i want to tell them or just let them find out through other ways. id feel bad not telling them but, its what ever!

oh yea, im nervous but if they leave then they were never my true friends in the first place!

Quoting AubreeGrace17:

Oh definitely. I think it will be. You might have issues towards the end when you get farther along as far as being able to walk around, but schools are usually really good about making accomodations. I think it's awesome you are staying in school! Tell them when you are ready. I only told a few of my friends, because the others I didn't feel as close to. This is also a good experience because you will learn who your true friends are and it will make your friendships stronger.

Quoting xOsummergrlOx94:

Quoting AubreeGrace17:

Quoting xOsummergrlOx94:

Quoting AubreeGrace17:

AubreeGrace17
by Aubree on Aug. 20, 2012 at 9:45 PM

In my old school I was good friends with a girl who was pregnant. They let her leave class a few minutes early to avoid the crowd during passing time and she could use the bathroom in the nurses office. It sounds like they were really nice to that girl. People will find out eventually. They did at my old school and bombarded my poor sister with questions. However, it'll be bad for about a week and then people will get used to it. It would probably be best if you said something, but don't feel obligated to. And if they leave it's probably for the better! In reality I probably lost maybe 3 friends? The rest were really supportive and still stick around. It is possible to have a social life even if you have a baby.

Quoting xOsummergrlOx94:

yea! there was a pregnant girl in my school 2 years ago and they helped her out a lot, with using the elevator and wheel chair depending on how she was feeling that day, ect. 

either way they are going to find out, i just have to figure out if i want to tell them or just let them find out through other ways. id feel bad not telling them but, its what ever!

oh yea, im nervous but if they leave then they were never my true friends in the first place!

Quoting AubreeGrace17:

Quoting xOsummergrlOx94:

Quoting AubreeGrace17:

Quoting xOsummergrlOx94:

Quoting AubreeGrace17:

xOsummergrlOx94
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 9:48 PM

thats what i figure, itll be better for them to hear it from me, then through gossip!  

Quoting AubreeGrace17:

In my old school I was good friends with a girl who was pregnant. They let her leave class a few minutes early to avoid the crowd during passing time and she could use the bathroom in the nurses office. It sounds like they were really nice to that girl. People will find out eventually. They did at my old school and bombarded my poor sister with questions. However, it'll be bad for about a week and then people will get used to it. It would probably be best if you said something, but don't feel obligated to. And if they leave it's probably for the better! In reality I probably lost maybe 3 friends? The rest were really supportive and still stick around. It is possible to have a social life even if you have a baby.

Quoting xOsummergrlOx94:

Quoting AubreeGrace17:

Quoting xOsummergrlOx94:

Quoting AubreeGrace17:

Quoting xOsummergrlOx94:

Quoting AubreeGrace17:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN