Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

When is the earliest u can take a pregnancy test??

There's a possiblily i could be preggo. I ran out of bc pills for a week and in that week we had unprotected sex and im pretty sure i was ovulating at the time too, it was the week after my period. My last period was july 29th, we were sexually active on aug 7, 8, 10, and 11 and im so anxious to know bc im having symptoms but idk if its just me being so convinced that i am, im just doing it to myself. Dh says wait a few more days. I just wanna know now!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 9:16 AM
Replies (11-20):
SamanthaDN
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 5:28 PM

She's correct, it may still be too early to tell. If you miss your period, I would take a test again just to be sure. Also, I may be wrong, but I believe you ovulate around the 14th day of your cycle. Keeping my fingers crossed for whatever result you're hoping for!

AubreeGrace17
by Aubree on Aug. 22, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Wait until the day of a missed period or you might get a false negative.

kellylong78
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 6:52 PM

I have a 30 day cycle and I concieved 12 days after my period and I found out 4 days before my next period so on day 26 and I used a first response , but with my first child I ddint show a positive until 2 weeks after my missed period, Good luck and lots of baby dust

mbc324
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 7:04 PM

I hadnt missed my period yet and tested positive.

mamabear8710
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 7:22 PM

when i was trying to get pregnant with my son it took almost 3 weeks to show up on a pregnancy test, i started testing a week after we were sexually active and i kept taking test like everyday after that, i knew i was probably doing it to soon but i wanted to know asap. it took like 21 days until it showed up positive. i was using the good test too and it still took that long. i think you might be giving yourself symptoms cuz it takes awhile for your body to even realize its preggo even after a positive on a test. you dont have to wait for a period it should show the right result before a missed period, as long as youve waited long enough, if your still not satisfied you could always go to you obgyn and have them do the test,  because they can do a pee test or blood test.

heatherd09
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 7:22 PM
It could still be too early. I would definitely use first morning urine if you're gonna test so early. I didn't test until a week after my missed period but I also had no idea I could possibly be pregnant
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cnmnancy
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 8:32 PM

It depends on the sensitivity of the test. it takes 8-10 days after conception for implantation, which is when you would have a positive test. Conception can take place 3-5 (days), and up to 7 days after intercourse....

So maybe now, but to be sure -by the 28th if the test is sensitive. (ie it could be positive now, but if it is negative, you need to repeat it in 1-2 weeks)

DOllfACE-
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 8:34 PM
I'd say the earliest is the morning
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
exhaustedmother
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 8:42 PM

Usually I would tell you to be sure to wait a week after your period before you test, but there are tests now that can test anywhere from 3-5 days before your period. Good Luck!

Mom2mylilgirlz
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 9:23 PM
Thanks for all the replys! Gonna test again next week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)