Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Done with having kids at age 20?

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 9:19 PM
  • 17 Replies

Dh and I have been talking about a permenate form of birthcontrol since I was pregnant with DS 2 and half years ago. I ended up getting a cooper IUD, it fell out without me knowing and now I'm pregnant with #2. I do think I'm %100  done having children, but I'm not sure if I should make that decison at age 20, dh is 23. I'm considering another cooper Iud, because I've been on various hormonal birthcontrols (mini pill, pill, shot, and patch) that gave me horrible mood swings. If don't get another IUD, I will be getting the Ensure procedure done when I'm 21 in June (you have to be 21 in Cali). Ensure is where they put copper coils in your tubes.After 3 months you're body grows tissue around the coils blocking you're tubes, making you unable to get pregnant. My insurance will pay for most of it. I don't want the main reason  for me getting it done to be because I'm scared to try another  cooper iud or a diffrent form of hormonal birthcontrol.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 9:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rnchelle93
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 9:42 PM
Do what you think is best.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizjones
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2012 at 9:50 PM
If you want another iud, I recommend the mirena. I have it. I havent had any side effects, it eventually makes you not have a period and you can keep it in up to five years and get it replaced after the five years or you can have it removed at any given time if you decide you want kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
girltryin12
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 9:51 PM
The depo dhit kept me from having kids until I was ready... Maybe you should try tht
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SmokyMtnMomma07
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 9:54 PM
I also have the Mirena. But I also have my tubes tied & I'm 24. I had my tubes tide at 22. For years i only wanted 2 kids. One for each arm is enough for me. But anyways, my periods were extremely heavy after my baby #2. It was so bad I had to find a bathroom every hour if you know what I mean. So anyways that's why I have the Mirena.

Quoting lizjones:

If you want another iud, I recommend the mirena. I have it. I havent had any side effects, it eventually makes you not have a period and you can keep it in up to five years and get it replaced after the five years or you can have it removed at any given time if you decide you want kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bren07
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 10:02 PM
I never suggest depo. It is horrible for your body/bone density and fertility...unless you are 100% done with kids I wouldn't suggest anything permanent either though. I got my tubes tied at 21, almost 22 but I also had 3kids and 2csections.

Quoting girltryin12:

The depo dhit kept me from having kids until I was ready... Maybe you should try tht
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dandeli0nwishes
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 10:05 PM

Thanks guys. I will be talking more with my doctor and planned parenthood when I'm closer to my due date.

girltryin12
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 10:25 PM
No offense but I wasn't suggesting it to you.... She was asking about BC.... That is what worked for me and now that I want kids im 18.5 weeks pregnant with first.... Engaged and happy now ready for kids....

Quoting Bren07:

I never suggest depo. It is horrible for your body/bone density and fertility...unless you are 100% done with kids I wouldn't suggest anything permanent either though. I got my tubes tied at 21, almost 22 but I also had 3kids and 2csections.

Quoting girltryin12:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whitneyeliza08
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 10:27 PM
I'm 22 with one and have my tubes tied. Do what is best for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bren07
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 10:49 PM
No offense taken because I wasn't speaking at you when I said I never suggest it. I was telling the op.

Quoting girltryin12:

No offense but I wasn't suggesting it to you.... She was asking about BC.... That is what worked for me and now that I want kids im 18.5 weeks pregnant with first.... Engaged and happy now ready for kids....

Quoting Bren07:

Quoting girltryin12:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hqualls18
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 1:58 PM
SThat's scares me! I have the copper iud. I would just die if I got pregnant. I already have four! I was planning on getting my tubes tied with this last pregnancy but then chickened out. Just keep in mind that you are only 20. You will most likely regret it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)