Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Ask me ANYTHING, my dad was killed on 9/11

Posted by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 11:45 PM
  • 2 Replies

I lost my father. I was 13, [just turned 13 that April.] He was 39. His birthday was August 31. He didn't die in vain, he died doing something he loved, helping others. He was a police lieutenant for the Port Authority Police Dept and also a Paramedic at Hackensack Medical center in Hackensack NJ . He was a volunteer firefighter back in the 80s in Jersey City and his first job was at 14 years old as a police dispatcher he volunteered for.

In Dec I am due with my 2nd child, a daughter. I have a 4 yrs old son who will be 5 in October and he wants to be a firefighter. In May 2013 I take my final exams to become a police officer in Essex County NJ.

I wanted to be a police officer since i was about 7 years old when my dad took me to work with him one day.

I am proud of my dad. I am still going thru the grieve cycle and I am dealing with anger. I am so mad he didn't just run. He had so many chances to just drop everything and go, and he stayed . But i still have pride because I know it takes a selfless, special person to do what he did.

by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 11:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Ollysmama08
by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 11:48 PM

My goodness, how sad!! i am so sorry for you loss ,your dad seemed to be a great man! Good Luck on your exam, im sure you will do great!! 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

1.hot.mama2005
by Esther on Sep. 9, 2012 at 3:13 PM

I am so sorry for your loss.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)