Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Choking in sleep and pain?

Posted by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 10:59 PM
  • 6 Replies

So I am 5wks and lately at night when I'm sleeping, I ALWAYS wake up at least once a night in this coughing frenzy. It's like I'm choking on my spit in my sleep and my body doesn't know how to not choke when I'm asleep. I'm guessing it's something to do with pregnancy b.c I've never had this before. Not until now.

Also, I know slight cramping is normal in pregnancy in the early wks b.c your uterus is growing but I have a very low tolerance to pain and my cramps have been waking me up in the middle of the night. They don't hurt terribly bad but it feels like AF is coming. The only thing that helps is my heating pad and lately, I've been having hot flashes so ofc, I don't want something hot on me when I'm already hot. Is there anything safe I can take to ease up the cramps a little?

by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 10:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
LaudeDaude
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 11:02 PM
When I was pregnant I used to make up in the middle of the night and choke/cough, too. I actually think it was related to nausea but that I just didn't feel the nausea because I was sleeping. It went away after I was 15-16 weeks pregnant and I wasn't nauseous anymore. I didn't have any cramping so I can't be much help there. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
girltryin12
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 11:04 PM
Tylenol is ok.... But I just felt with it cause I didn't want anything extra bothering baby... Was already taking phenergan and reglan for nausea
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Sep. 9, 2012 at 11:28 PM
It could be excess saliva.

http://m.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/symptoms-and-solutions/saliva
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Sep. 9, 2012 at 11:51 PM

You might try sleeping in a more reclined position rather than laying down all the way, sometimes that can help.

The crampy feeling is probably round ligament pain which is totally normal.  Tylenol can help.

KaroGreenly
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 11:57 PM
Talk to your doctor. He may have tips for both of these situations.

Hanab818
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 12:41 PM
Quoting girltryin12:

Tylenol is ok.... But I just felt with it cause I didn't want anything extra bothering baby... Was already taking phenergan and reglan for nausea

I agree with the Tylenol. I had to live on that stuff with ds2 cuz I had migraines so bad I couldn't see straight and it made it hard for me to take care of ds1 or even drive if I needed to go out. But ask your dr about a dosage. My midwife had to change my dosage 2 times throughout my pregnancy.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)