Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

I could kill him *vent* & Long!

Posted by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 4:17 PM
  • 17 Replies

i am so annoyed! my daughters father and i have been broken up for almost 3 years now, he gets her every other weekend, and sometimes during the week for dinner if he asks for her.  I drop my daughter off at his house every other Friday at 5:30pm, and he drops her off at my house that sunday at 5pm. Well last night he didn't drop her off until 715ish, which i didn't mind because it gave me more time to get homeowork done. He brings her and she is already in her pajamas and her hair is done (which never happens) so i told my daughter she looked so pretty and asked who did it, expecting her to say mimi (his mom), or Sara (his sister), instead she said "katie" i asked who katie was and she said "daddys girly friend" i asked him when this happened and he said about a month ago and that this girl came over bc she thought Olivia (my daughter) was gone, i shut my mouth and didn't say a word. ( didn't want to start a fight)

I asked him if he could pick Olivia up from my mom's house at 1130 today because my mom  has a dr appointment and i would pick her up around 430 after i went to the library to study and get my homework done. He said no problem, ill see you at 4:30. I texted him at 2:30 (right after i got out of school today) telling him im out of school and that i will at the library within the hour because i don't need 2 hours to study, i put my phone in my bag and drive to the library with my 2 friends, i get there and i have 5 text's from him and 2 missed calls, i call him back thinking my daughter is hurt or something, well hes screaming and yelling about how he can't keep her till 330, and he has "places to be" i told him "okay ill be there to get her in half an hour, let me just get this homework done" he then just hangs up on me.  

Literally 20 minutes later i see him walking in the door with my daughter and all of her things, i pulled him aside and asked if he was serious, and he said "i told you have places to be" and just walks out. 

Now i have no homework done, 2 tests to study for, and a cranky 3 yr old because he didn't give her a nap today, hes also supposed to watch her tomorrow! 

sorry it was so long i just needed to vent! 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 4:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ColinsMommy12
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 6:46 PM
1 mom liked this

OMG I so would've went off in front of EVERYONE! I mean changing plans is one thing and you can work around that but bringing her to your school library while you're trying to finish what you're doing is ridiculous! I'm pretty sure you're a much better person than me because I would've made a scene, I would've probably also beat him to death. 

Ollysmama08
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 6:52 PM

trust me i was ready to...i just couldn't/can't believe he pulled crap like this...he never has! I wanted to flip so badly but i didn't want to do it infront of my daughter!! Good luck to him next time he wants to take her on a week day, thats all i can say.

Quoting ColinsMommy12:

OMG I so would've went off in front of EVERYONE! I mean changing plans is one thing and you can work around that but bringing her to your school library while you're trying to finish what you're doing is ridiculous! I'm pretty sure you're a much better person than me because I would've made a scene, I would've probably also beat him to death. 

ColinsMommy12
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 6:56 PM

I probably wouldnt either. I probably wouldnt have been okay with the new girlfriend either unless I was told about it first. That and if I had known it was a more serious realtionship than just a month before my daughter got to know//attatched to someone. Thats one thing my sons father and I agreed on. If something ever happens and we split up or something I do NOT want my son meeting ANYONE uness its a serious and lasting relationship. I dont want a couple week//month fling meeting my son. If she cant stay away for a couple of days while he has him (Her in your case) then oh well. There's the door!

Quoting Ollysmama08:

trust me i was ready to...i just couldn't/can't believe he pulled crap like this...he never has! I wanted to flip so badly but i didn't want to do it infront of my daughter!! Good luck to him next time he wants to take her on a week day, thats all i can say.

Quoting ColinsMommy12:

Ollysmama08
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 7:06 PM

Thats exactly how i feel...like you have her for TWO days everyother week....4 days a month and thats it, youd think that he would want to spend that time with her. He is a great father, i just don't get it. It annoys me o no end that he 1) introduced my daughter to someone hes only known for a month and 2) would just come and bring a 3 year old to a library! I never ask him for favors, i have been a single mom for almost 3 years i ask one little favor and it's like he can't even be bothered with that!!

Quoting ColinsMommy12:

I probably wouldnt either. I probably wouldnt have been okay with the new girlfriend either unless I was told about it first. That and if I had known it was a more serious realtionship than just a month before my daughter got to know//attatched to someone. Thats one thing my sons father and I agreed on. If something ever happens and we split up or something I do NOT want my son meeting ANYONE uness its a serious and lasting relationship. I dont want a couple week//month fling meeting my son. If she cant stay away for a couple of days while he has him (Her in your case) then oh well. There's the door!

Quoting Ollysmama08:

Quoting ColinsMommy12:

ColinsMommy12
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 7:17 PM

Oh I can imagine! But honestly - Being a mom and dad together sometimes its the same. I NEVER ask my bf to keep our son but when I do all hell breaks loose. "I worked all day" "im tired" blah blah blah I'm like omg nevermind I'll take him to the doctor with me haha. But I hope it gets better. Maybe if you talk to him about her being around your daughter it might be better and he wont do it? 

Quoting Ollysmama08:

Thats exactly how i feel...like you have her for TWO days everyother week....4 days a month and thats it, youd think that he would want to spend that time with her. He is a great father, i just don't get it. It annoys me o no end that he 1) introduced my daughter to someone hes only known for a month and 2) would just come and bring a 3 year old to a library! I never ask him for favors, i have been a single mom for almost 3 years i ask one little favor and it's like he can't even be bothered with that!!

Quoting ColinsMommy12:

Quoting Ollysmama08:

Quoting ColinsMommy12:

Ollysmama08
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 7:26 PM

I honestly don't even want to bother, which sounds really childish but i don't want to talk to him.  I called him on my way home and asked him his side of the story becuase in my opinion he is 100% in the wrong, he said "honestly, Lex. My side of the story is that your being a major bitch and should stop just thinking about herself!" and hung up so im just not even going to try im just done.

Quoting ColinsMommy12:

Oh I can imagine! But honestly - Being a mom and dad together sometimes its the same. I NEVER ask my bf to keep our son but when I do all hell breaks loose. "I worked all day" "im tired" blah blah blah I'm like omg nevermind I'll take him to the doctor with me haha. But I hope it gets better. Maybe if you talk to him about her being around your daughter it might be better and he wont do it? 

Quoting Ollysmama08:

Quoting ColinsMommy12:

Quoting Ollysmama08:

Quoting ColinsMommy12:

ColinsMommy12
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 9:16 PM

Oh wow. I dont blame you. I can understand. Sometimes its best to just let it go rather than try and fight it out. It wouldnt do any good. Friend of mine went through a lot of that with her ex husband when she left him. It was ridiclous. 

Quoting Ollysmama08:

I honestly don't even want to bother, which sounds really childish but i don't want to talk to him.  I called him on my way home and asked him his side of the story becuase in my opinion he is 100% in the wrong, he said "honestly, Lex. My side of the story is that your being a major bitch and should stop just thinking about herself!" and hung up so im just not even going to try im just done.

Quoting ColinsMommy12:

Quoting Ollysmama08:

Quoting ColinsMommy12:

Quoting Ollysmama08:

Quoting ColinsMommy12:

Jenn8604
by Bronze Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 9:24 PM
same here!!!!

Quoting ColinsMommy12:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ollysmama08
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 9:43 PM

i feel bad for her. i can't imagine dealing with tht all the time. 

Quoting ColinsMommy12:

Oh wow. I dont blame you. I can understand. Sometimes its best to just let it go rather than try and fight it out. It wouldnt do any good. Friend of mine went through a lot of that with her ex husband when she left him. It was ridiclous. 

Quoting Ollysmama08:

Quoting ColinsMommy12:

Quoting Ollysmama08:

Quoting ColinsMommy12:

Quoting Ollysmama08:

Quoting ColinsMommy12:

heather4511
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 9:50 PM
Wow. I'm sorry. What a jerk. Must be the new girlfriend. Ugh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)