Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Im losing my mind! HELP!!

Posted by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 10:05 AM
  • 6 Replies

I would love to chat with moms who have children who fight and do not listen to anything you say. Im honestly at my wits end. I really need some help. I know there are those programs you can buy with the books and dvd's,  but i dont know how well that would work. If you have any advice anyone can give me to help...even just a little.... I would be forever greatful to you. Maybe i should just call Nanny911..lol.

by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 10:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Sep. 22, 2012 at 12:30 PM

LOL - Well, nanny911 might be able to help. ;)

Can you seperate them?  Spend time with them one on one?  How old are your kids?

mxcanapochamama
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 1:36 PM

I got two girls 18 moths apart and they drive me crazy @_@ but usually time outs and taking away there tv and computer time is enough. But when all this doesnt work (which isnt very often) I do spank them and send them to different rooms. (I think the last time this happend was about 4mnths ago) 

MamìMexicana

heather4511
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 1:44 PM
I enjoy watching supernanny, some great ideas there! Consistency is the key and taking things away for bad behavior or rewards for good behavior works really well. I know its hard, but try not to yell, that usually makes things harder.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kellyjude1
by Member on Sep. 22, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Not sure of the ages of your children but a good idea is a behavior chart with stickers.  So many stickers for good behavior and you plan a day together doing something special the child likes...for example going to the movies,or the playground.  Always praise good behavior. Hopefully with time the children will seek your positive attention instead of the negative.  Another suggestion is time outs which work with consistency showing them there will be a consequence for their actions.  Hope some of this helps...Hang in there..

Kristen.Reavis
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 5:07 AM

hahaha that would be funny if you did call 

mommieof3_752
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 6:08 PM

We actually do have a " Naughty and Nice" sticker chart. For everytime the obey the first time i give a sticker and for every 20 stickers they earn and extra dollar towards there weekly allowance. For everytime they do not obey they get an X on the naughty side of the chart and get 5 or 7 minutes in time out. That is a minute for every year age they are. It has started getting alittle better. But i feel bad saying this ,its like they just dont like each other. I honestly look at them and the way that act and the really  and the mean things they say and im so scared they will not be good people as they get older. Their attitudes now scared me. I love them dearly. They used to be very well behaved. My husbands mother is a bit of a mess and she hid her drug habit well for a while and my kids were going to her house regularly. Well my husband went to drop my girls off at her house she said they we going to the park. He said she looked very nervous so he waited a moment and followed her. she stopped by a trailer house on a side of town that wasnt "good" and got out of the car and left my kids in there with the car turned of. Its very hot in south texas. She went in the house so my husband stopped and got my girls and put them back in our car. Well as it turns out she was buying rock cocaine from a man that lived there. Thats when my oldest daughter came out and started telling us about her flipping out and going crazy infront of them. Now i had noticed a slight change in their behavior prior to this but did not think much of it. I just wrote it off as them getting older. But my mother in law no longer tried to hide who she was anymore and i seen that my daughter were displaying tantrum like episodes just like her. I think just in general she was just a bad influence on them. They no longer see or even talk to her. There is so much more to this story and this is the first time i have ever really talked to anyone besides my husband about this. Sorry to rambel on. but basically Im trying to undo what was done to my babies and its not easy. Thanks for all the advice and im really open to hearing more

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN