Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

teen mom

Posted by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 2:42 PM
  • 4 Replies

hello, just looking to vent. I am 18 years old with a 1 year old son. I am not like a lot of teenage mothers i know. In this i mean that i have completely given up my teenage life i have not left my son but 4 times in his life and those were only because i was in a wedding and one on moving day and all were only for less than 4 hours. His dad is not in his life so i have had him 24/7 by myself through out his life. My mom and i used to be very close but ever since my pregnancy i feel as though she hates me. Shes very ashamed of me and hesitates introducing me to people because she feels they will judge her. Because of this i moved out a few months ago but i couldnt afford it and my mom was put into the hospital because she got depression from us leaving. She begged me to move back everyday so we did. Since being home i feel nothing has changed. I have no one to talk to when im upset or stressed because my mom says i just want people to feel sorry for me. She blames me for a lot and i know she is upset everyday that i didnt give my son up for adoption. Im very lost as to what to do im trying very hard to make her proud of me, by having straight as in school, trying to attend college (but my mom says i shouldnt), and raising my son very well on my own also i am graduating early in december due to my good grades and achievment in school but i feel as though nothing i do is good enough. What should i do? Or feel?

by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 2:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
ambermario4ever
by Member on Sep. 22, 2012 at 2:47 PM
You can't live your life for your mom. You need to do what is best for you and your child. Go to college and get a degree. It sounds like you are really smart you can achieve anything you want but you have to go for it. Don't let anyone or anything stop you. If my mother had her way I would still be living at home and working and giving her all my pay checks.
teenmom33
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 4:35 PM

I'm 17 i graduated high school a few days ago... very early... My dad hasnt talked to me sense the talk he found out i was pregnant, that day he told me that if i had the baby and didn't get an abortion he'd disown me as a daughter and he'd hope me and my son would die... well now my son is almost 8months old and were doing good ... My mom got used to the idea and she's been better... My babydaddy and i decieded to get married so we are together unlike yours but sometimes it can feel as though were arn't because he's in school from 8am-4pm and all he wants to do is sleep when he gets home..I feel as though we have alot in common if you want to msg me you can !!

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Sep. 22, 2012 at 5:09 PM

I agree with this.

Welcome to the group.

Quoting ambermario4ever:

You can't live your life for your mom. You need to do what is best for you and your child. Go to college and get a degree. It sounds like you are really smart you can achieve anything you want but you have to go for it. Don't let anyone or anything stop you. If my mother had her way I would still be living at home and working and giving her all my pay checks.

SebasSavan2013
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 6:06 PM
Hello, I'm going to be blunt about it: Fuck Her. You are a mom now, you have to focus on raising your son.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)