Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

attention to women who have experienced domestic violence

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 11:49 PM
  • 12 Replies

Hi..im 19 and im pregnant...i just need advice about women {any ages }who have experienced domestic violence....im so in love with my boyfriend and im 7 months pregnant with our son ...but i keep having flashbacks about before i was pregnant and my boyfriend would abuse me pretty bad...he stopped when i got pregnant..except for the one day i brought back the 6 week ultrasound...idk why but he threw me on the floor choked me and tried to kill me and our baby..this was back when i was 6 weeks though i was 18 at the time...and he made me lay on the floor...i KEEP having flashbacks about this night and i cant understand why.he stopped doing this to me,,and i dont want to keep thinking about it because i dont want to stress my baby...it just randomly sneaks up on me and i often cry when i think about it...can someone please help me...how can i stop my flashbacks???

CafeMom Tickers
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 11:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy060910
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 12:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Counseling? Not just for u but he sounds like he needs anger Managment. What if he goes back to doing that when baby is born ya know.
Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oOoLeilanioOo
by Leilani on Sep. 24, 2012 at 12:21 AM
3 moms liked this

I would leave him, what if he does that to your child?! After you leave get counseling! I hope everything works out for the best!

MommyHall2012
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 12:22 AM

thanks to you both...i will definitely look into counseling

GremlinMom
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 12:23 AM
6 moms liked this
Your flashbacks are a damn warning. Don't stop them until you heed their warning!

He just randomly tried to kill you AND his unborn child? Pathetic.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blackoceanveiw
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 12:27 AM
Leave while u still can. Get counseling ull need it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maria1613
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 12:27 AM
Well if you stay with him, try counciling. I personally would leave asap. I was beaten up on a daily basis by an ex of mine. I thought he loved me and I thought I loved him..... but looking back I loved the idea of have someone. To this day I still see his name popping up in the newspaper for assults, domestics, things like that. Goood luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ivylynn0711
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 12:28 AM
1 mom liked this
I know everyone keeps telling you to leave but sweetie you will only leave when you are ready and not a minute before that I'm going through a DV class right now because it was mandatory you shouldn't let anyone treat you bad and don't let anyone treat your baby bad I hope you figure out what you want to do and I hope everything works out for you

Quoting MommyHall2012:

thanks to you both...i will definitely look into counseling

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heather4511
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 12:29 AM
2 moms liked this
You need to leave. My sons father was sentenced to 18 months in prison after strangulating me last January while I was pregnant. He is being sentenced tomorrow for doing the same thing to another girl only a few months later. Sadly, for both of us girls the abuse had gone on more than just once. Often a man will lay his hands on a woman repeatedly. You need to stand up your yourself and especially for your babies safety. If you stay, you could easily have your child taken away from you once its born. And you might "love" him now, buts only because of the control and mind power his abuse has put over you. He does not love you if he is going to treat you so badly. I know how you feel, you want it to end and believe it won't happen again. But chances are there will be an another time , and you just never know how far he might go the next time. You will feel so much better once you get out, do what's best for you and your baby, and see a counselor. I had nightmares for so long, and seeing a counselor really helped me ease my mind. A real man does not lay his hand on a woman, ever. So please leave and don't look back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GremlinMom
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 12:31 AM

youre super cute btw, love your profile pic.

momtoone456
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 7:08 AM
You need to leave him !!! My ex (I don't tell everyone this) hit me when I was 19 weeks pregnant and I left him because of my dd and this baby. I know you love him but you need to do what's best for you and that baby. I know it is hard believe me I tried to talk to him for weeks. I broke up with him a week ago and I know that I did the best thing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN