Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

attention to women who have experienced domestic violence

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi..im 19 and im pregnant...i just need advice about women {any ages }who have experienced domestic violence....im so in love with my boyfriend and im 7 months pregnant with our son ...but i keep having flashbacks about before i was pregnant and my boyfriend would abuse me pretty bad...he stopped when i got pregnant..except for the one day i brought back the 6 week ultrasound...idk why but he threw me on the floor choked me and tried to kill me and our baby..this was back when i was 6 weeks though i was 18 at the time...and he made me lay on the floor...i KEEP having flashbacks about this night and i cant understand why.he stopped doing this to me,,and i dont want to keep thinking about it because i dont want to stress my baby...it just randomly sneaks up on me and i often cry when i think about it...can someone please help me...how can i stop my flashbacks???

CafeMom Tickers
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 11:49 PM
Replies (11-12):
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 9:47 AM
Hun he's probably going to abuse you after baby is born. Aren't you worried about baby's safety? He sounds unstable. How's he going to handle a screaming baby?

Do you know what Shaken Baby Syndrome is? Do you know who's most likely to shake a baby?

In the US 60-90% are young males(20s) who are the father or the mother's boyfriend.

Another thing to consider is CPS can take kids for domestic violence. My friends husband was beating her she lost her kids for months. She his ass right away but she had to jump through hoops to get them home.

Please leave! For you and that baby. Don't let another abuser win...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hanab818
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 3:49 PM
I was in an violent abusive both, mentally and physically, relationship. I was with him when I was 19. I thought I loved him and I wanted to marry him. I had a pregnancy scare and before I took the test without telling him I left. It was a wake up call for me. If he was willing to abuse me what was to make me think he wouldn't do the same thing to my child. I realized I would be a single parent if I was and I had no problem with that but there was no way I was going to allow any man lay a hand on my kid. I wasn't pregnant but I never went back. And I'm glad I didn't. I went to counseling and got help on how to not be in a relationship like that. I now have a wonderful husband and we have been together for 6.5 years and tommorow will be our 3 year wedding anniversary. He showed me what real love was.

Another thing is if you stay with him what message do you think you are sending your son. How would you feel if he inked up you bfs nasty habits of beating his gf or wife. How would you feel? I know that some men beat their gf or wives without having that in their home and not all those that have grown up in that situation repeat their parent mistakes but it's not about you any more it's about your child, his safty and well being. There is not a single guarantee your bf won't go back to being an douch bag after your son is born.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN