Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Did your relationship with your baby's dad change after the baby came?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Did your relationship change?

Options:

Got better

Got worse

Stayed the same

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 50

View Results

Hey guys so my boyfriend and I are better than we've ever been and our baby will be her in 11 weeks or less. Did your relationship change with the baby's dad once you had your baby?
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 12:51 AM
Replies (21-25):
alffairy
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 4:32 PM

Hi,

Honestly while I was prego me and Justin(my sons father) got along for the most part but I was such a brat while i was prego! I was an emotional wreck!! I cried about EVERYTHING, and for the most part he dealt with it very well. After we had our son we were okay until I had to go back to work. Once I was juggling work and our family I couldnt do all the work with the baby anymore and Justin didnt seem to understand he needed to help out. We split up a few times and then got back together and things started working out great. We really seemed to be growing closer together and creating the family I always wanted but then about a year ago he chose to do some hurtful things and stop working so we started fighting alot and I ended up leaving and divorcing him. But I have come to realize that my son, myself, and his father are all better off this way. Do I wish he could have grown up and been a better parent and husband yes, but this just means there are better things to come.:)

AleaKat
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 4:34 PM
It got worse mostly due to lack of sleep and hormones but once all that evens back out we were great !
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikki0921
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:16 AM

he said things would get better and it hasnt. i keep tryin cuz i love him and i want it to work for our daughter... some days are better than others. both have to be commited to a relationship to make it work.

kary1124
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:07 AM

it started getting bad once i found out i was pregnant and went way down hill when i had my ds, my ex never helped me out with nothing! i literally had to yell at him to just go get me a diaper from the other room. but i stayed because i felt i had to so that my son would have both parents. but he kept up with doing nothing but playing video games and going to friends houses. finally a month after our sons 1st bday and our 4 year anniversary i couldnt do it anymore, we broke up a couple days before christmas but waited til after christmas to let everyone to know. and i moved back into my moms house with my son. its been almost 2 years and we get along for the most part but he only sees our son about once or twice a week. but im in a great relationship with an amazing guy now

amber710
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Yeah, we both really grew up and it made us learn to work together. We became much happier and closer and more willing to try to work on any problems we had. We had a common goal (to keep our daughter healthy and happy) so it really solidified us being a couple and made us a family.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN