Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I would like to say thank you to the lady who works at the Salvation Army Thrift Store!!! PIOG

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 8:55 PM
  • 9 Replies
7 moms liked this

I went to the Salvation Army Thrift store today to get my kids some winter clothes cause they have none, and money is tight so we couldn't to to a name brand store to get them. When we were checking out the lady working at the cash register asked what all the clothes were for (we had two baskets full cause we were shopping for three kids) and I told her they were for my kids, that I had to get them winter clothes because they didn't have any. She turned around and talked to the other lady who worked there, the turned towards me and said " This is what we are going to do, we are only going to charge you $50 for all of this, the manger gave me the okay for it" I was so thrilled!!!! We don't have much money cause DH is laid off and my work just cut my hours in half. We got home and we added it all up and all the clothes added up to $250! We were able to get them new winter jackets and snow boots!!! I'm just happy that there are still people out there that lend out a helping hand still. So thank you Salvation Army!!!!! 

by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 8:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ColinsMommy12
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 9:14 PM
2 moms liked this
That's awesome! :-) people can be so nice sometimes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sophiaewd
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 9:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Love Salvation Army lol. 

pixiemom1988
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 9:24 PM
1 mom liked this

That is so nice!!! We very rarely shop retail. They grow out of the clothes  so quickly I don't honestly see the point!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
1.hot.mama2005
by Esther on Sep. 28, 2012 at 10:10 PM

That is so great!

Lilys_mama1222
by Member on Sep. 28, 2012 at 10:37 PM
Aww that is so awesome! I actually work for the Salvation Army. The salvation army is a wonderful place not only to shop at but also a great church.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lexismom90
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Wow that is amazing! Yay for them!!

KaroGreenly
by on Sep. 29, 2012 at 12:32 AM
That's awesome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilmami316
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 12:13 AM

wow thats awesome 

mommieof3_752
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 12:39 AM

aww...thats the sweetest thing i have ever heard.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)