Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

my daughters father

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 2:03 PM
  • 13 Replies
Has been struggling with drugs for the past year.. (herion and meth) we are not living together but we were together. My daughter is 9 weeks old.

Well he was sober for a good 6months and had a job and lived an hour away Then like a month ago he got laid off because fishing season was over. He decided to move back into town and live with his idiot friends who all do herion. He claimed for a while he was still sober so he still came and saw our daughter like once a week (why he couldnt see her more often puzzles me) but i took whatever i could take cause he said he was looking for a job down here.. then i started noticing he looked skinnier and he would sleep the whole first day he would be here and be very irritable.. now i have never done thoes kind of drugs before but i've been around it enough to not be stupid to know when someone is coming down... and just today i have told himbthat he either chooses us or drugs. And he hasnt gotten back at me.

Now i have already decided that he will NOT be around our daughter until he is completly sober.. and i am pissed he even came around when he was on it.. i guess i'm just looking for support. Cause i dont understand why someone would choose to ruin their body and soul for that matter.. i am just really upset. And i feel extreamly guilty that my baby girl isnt going to have a dad ): well she does.. just a really shitty one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 2:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
recovered55
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 2:05 PM
I am a recovered heroin addict. I have two years sober. Do not allow him near your daughter. When he's ready to stop tell me, and i can help him find a sponsor to work the 12 steps. We are a big community and I know a lot of people who can help! Just stay safe
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 3:49 PM

I'm glad you're not letting him around your daughter while he is under the influence.  How frustrating to know that he'd rather have drugs than his own child. :(

eds6619
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Keep her away from him.  You're doing the right thing.

hudson.maggie
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 3:55 PM

keep her away from him. But you also have to know that Heroin is one of the WORST drugs to be on, so just try to live your life without him, but make sure he knows you are there to HELP him get better.

I'm sorry your going through this =( my sisters ex bf is a heroin addict, they have 4 kids together and the youngest doesn't even know him =(

erinmomofone
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 3:57 PM
My ex has been starting to do the same thing and thats why I left him because of my daughter. It is the worst feeling knowing that my daughter probably won't have her father in her life if he doesn't get it together.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shy_Dia
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:24 AM
1 mom liked this
it really took my ex going to prison to get off of those drugs. Hopefully he'll stay sober when hes released. We'll see... But honestly him staying away for the last 7 yrs (ds will almost be 8 when hes out) was the best thing for my son, and for me... I hated him for not being able to be clean for our child... But now, I'm grateful he did. our kids dont need to see or be around that shit
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lmcdona2
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:43 AM

It is unfortnate that he doesn't want to straighten out his life for his daughter. He needs some serious help. If he can't get his addiction(s) treated then he should not be allowed to be around his child. He could be a possible threat to you both, even if he has yet to be. I honestly could not trust an addict. Trust your judgement. Guard your child and protect her.

ksheldon93
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:50 PM
That is very inspirational.. i really appriciate you sharing thar with me..

My i am. Recoving addict also so i do understand..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skippette14
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:00 PM
I've been in your shoes.please keep him away from your little one until he's gotten himself clean

amber710
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:34 PM

I would try to get child support. That is so unfair to you that he is just doing nothing and not giving a crap.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN