Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has been struggling with drugs for the past year.. (herion and meth) we are not living together but we were together. My daughter is 9 weeks old.

Well he was sober for a good 6months and had a job and lived an hour away Then like a month ago he got laid off because fishing season was over. He decided to move back into town and live with his idiot friends who all do herion. He claimed for a while he was still sober so he still came and saw our daughter like once a week (why he couldnt see her more often puzzles me) but i took whatever i could take cause he said he was looking for a job down here.. then i started noticing he looked skinnier and he would sleep the whole first day he would be here and be very irritable.. now i have never done thoes kind of drugs before but i've been around it enough to not be stupid to know when someone is coming down... and just today i have told himbthat he either chooses us or drugs. And he hasnt gotten back at me.

Now i have already decided that he will NOT be around our daughter until he is completly sober.. and i am pissed he even came around when he was on it.. i guess i'm just looking for support. Cause i dont understand why someone would choose to ruin their body and soul for that matter.. i am just really upset. And i feel extreamly guilty that my baby girl isnt going to have a dad ): well she does.. just a really shitty one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 2:03 PM
Replies (11-13):
AubreeGrace17
by Aubree on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:38 PM
1 mom liked this

My stepdad is a recovering heroin addict. I can say that there is hope for her dad. Addiction is a disease, just like cancer or diabetes. He definitely needs to hit rock bottom first before he will take recovery seriously. Your daughter's dad can get better but he needs the support of sober people in his life to help make that happen.

MandaMom23
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Good luck momma, your dd deserves the best and you are trying to provide that for her.  I hope her dad can get his life together for the sake of all of you.

babid14
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 4:03 AM

i know how you feel. my kids dad lives down the road like 5 mins away he used to deal drugs. he smokes weed and drinks he doesnt help out with them. he would come see our daughter a few times a week for a month and then would go month without asking about her or seeing her. he has only seen our son once for 5 mins. he chooses to stay home and do nothing or go out drinking then to come see his own kids. i dont see how he doesnt care about them like i do. and i recently found out he has been doing meth i had a thought but didnt think he was until i saw how skinny he got. he is full of excuses of why he doesnt do something or why he isnt seeing them. i feel bad as well that they wont grow up with their dad. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)