Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Scared for no reason?

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:32 PM
  • 13 Replies

A lot of women post on blogs and other websites that I've read that giving birth isn't as bad as people make it out to be, is this true? Because for some reason I am terrified of birth! I know it's a beautiful and natural thing, that's why I want to do it without an epidural or any other meds. I'm prepared for what's to come but I'm afraid of the after affects too, like the bleeding for six weeks - is it painful like a period or is it just bleeding?
I also wanted to question after I have my baby do I get a say so if I want to bathe him first and feed him?
And one more thing, does the pain continue very long after birth? And if so, how severe? 

Thank you so much if you read this, I think I'm just freaking out for no good reason but it'd still be nice to get a mother's point of view.  

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AleaKat
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:34 PM
The bleeding afterward isn't painful it's just like a really bad period. Your sore and cramps and moody. They give you ice packs for your panties, seriously! You'll need them! Ull be very sore
If you breast feed they will let you right after they clean him up. The sooner you do the easier the transition and its a great bonding moment.
My s/O bathed him the first time. I thought that was a good daddy son bonding moment for him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nat_Th3_Cat
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:41 PM

Thanks so much for the reply, it actually made me feel A LOT less scared and more excited about being able to hold my baby and be able to do those things with him :-)

AleaKat
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:43 PM
Oh your do welcome. Iv been through it twice but I used an epidural with mine. Other than that I can answer just about anything.

Quoting Nat_Th3_Cat:

Thanks so much for the reply, it actually made me feel A LOT less scared and more excited about being able to hold my baby and be able to do those things with him :-)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaGof3
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:55 PM
I have given birth 5 times and I always get very anxious before each birth. Lol. The bleeding isn't to bad. It may last for a while though.
You can tell them.that you want to feed him first. In my hospital they asked you if you were willing to allow formula and what not.
Its your baby so stand your ground on you want to do with him first.
Every experience is different, just keep a positive mindset going in and all should be good :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nat_Th3_Cat
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:58 PM

BUMP!

Nat_Th3_Cat
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:59 PM

I have no idea what bump means but I'm hoping it means "like" ? LOL

AleaKat
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Birth plans are a waist cause nothing goes exactly the way you picture it in your head. Best just to go in with a strong feeling of what you like and adjust to each situation as it comes. Be open and honest tell them everything your feeling and let them do their jobs, but be stern with your wishes, it's your kid!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AleaKat
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 5:00 PM
Bumps are people that don't really have a comment but by posting something it keeps your post in the active category where people can see it.

Quoting Nat_Th3_Cat:

I have no idea what bump means but I'm hoping it means "like" ? LOL

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nat_Th3_Cat
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 5:01 PM

Oh! Thank you, I'm totally new to this site laughing

AleaKat
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 5:03 PM
It's ok it took me a while to figure it out and the shortcuts too like S/o and d/h and stuff takes getting used to.

Quoting Nat_Th3_Cat:

Oh! Thank you, I'm totally new to this site laughing

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)