Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Homeless for over a year now

Posted by   + Show Post

My husband, 3yr old son, 6 month son and I have been homeless long enough!!

I don't know what to do any more. I have put two posts on http://www.craigslist.org/ to clean house's for $10/hr and one to walk dogs for $10 for an hour plus $5 for every dog owned.

Today I am going to walk a dog, hope this works out.

by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:13 AM
Replies (21-26):
eds6619
by Emily on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:45 AM

Hope things turn around for you soon. 

busymomof2518
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:08 PM

We usually try to stay in a homeless shelter.

Until next sunday my cousin has taken us in...but then it's back out on the street.

busymomof2518
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:09 PM

I have had a library card

Tyler0102
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:31 PM
Why arent you on aid? With assistance you could afford a studio or rent a room. if your husband doesnt work why dont you get a full time job & have your husband watch the kids. Im sure if you turned in & checked on applications everyday, youd get a job by the end of the month. Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amyrw
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:39 PM
If he is physically unable to work he needs to apply for social security disability, it is a long process so the sooner you apply the better. Also, if surgery went wrong due to negligence he should sue the doctors and facility for malpractice. If there is no income coming in you should qualify for cash assistance, food stamps, housing assistance etc. I agree with pp, you should get a steady job that you know will have hours each week instead of trying to get small jobs on Craigslist. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
x2kidsn1bendux
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Walmart is hiring temporary help for the Holidays- Sorry you're struggling

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)