Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Im 16 and need a way to make money.

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi guys I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to make money. My mom wont let me get a job and i need money, my mom wont give me money either. Any ideas on what i could do or say to my so she will let me?

by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 4:01 PM
Replies (11-20):
remaining_me
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 4:57 PM

i was baby sitting with my child. i'm sure you know someone who knows someone. just get yourself out there. let people know you're loking to sit and ask them to recommend you if they know anyone. put up flyers, someting.

Quoting TJaydesMommy:

I dont no anyone with kids though. and I have a 2 month old i dont no how that would work out...any experice with that?

AubreeGrace17
by Aubree on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:27 PM
2 moms liked this

I would just go out and get a job. She is only holding you back by not allowing you to find a job. In the meantime you could fill out surveys online.

shadow_lark
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:20 AM
1 mom liked this
You are legally able to get a job, so go get one. you are also an adult now. you don't need mommys permission to support your child.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lissetteP
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:31 AM
Wow, your a mom!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lissetteP
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:34 AM
Wtf? She wouldn't even have to watch it? Shit I wouldve been gone...what will shr do if you get a job? don't be scared of her, its your kid you need to grow up...

Quoting TJaydesMommy:

I have tried, i just dont understnad why she wont let me get a job....she wouldnt even have to watch her while i worked..i can try to talk to her again though

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Paparazzi.Mama
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:08 AM
If she's in school she needs mom's permission for a work permit

Quoting lissetteP:

Wtf? She wouldn't even have to watch it? Shit I wouldve been gone...what will shr do if you get a job? don't be scared of her, its your kid you need to grow up...

Quoting TJaydesMommy:

I have tried, i just dont understnad why she wont let me get a job....she wouldnt even have to watch her while i worked..i can try to talk to her again though

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lissetteP
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:13 AM
I worked at fifteen with no permit...plus i think once you 16 you can work...

Quoting Paparazzi.Mama:

Quoting lissetteP:

Quoting TJaydesMommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Paparazzi.Mama
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:15 AM
Where I'm from you need a permit if you work and are still in school and there are certain criteria that has to be met. The permit is supposed to be proof of your eligibility to work, which is *supposed to* be required.

Quoting lissetteP:

Quoting Paparazzi.Mama:

Quoting lissetteP:

Quoting TJaydesMommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lissetteP
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:21 AM
Illinois...she can say she doesn't go to school because she needs to be a mom

Quoting Paparazzi.Mama:

Where I'm from you need a permit if you work and are still in school and there are certain criteria that has to be met. The permit is supposed to be proof of your eligibility to work, which is *supposed to* be required.

Quoting lissetteP:

Quoting Paparazzi.Mama:

Quoting lissetteP:

Quoting TJaydesMommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Paparazzi.Mama
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:25 AM
In my experience, my employer also needed to speak with my mother. So either way, it would fall back on her mom. I still think it's dumb for her to not allow her to work, even on the weekends. Seems backwards to me.

Quoting lissetteP:

Illinois...she can say she doesn't go to school because she needs to be a mom

Quoting Paparazzi.Mama:

Quoting lissetteP:

Quoting Paparazzi.Mama:

Quoting lissetteP:

Quoting TJaydesMommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)