Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Im 16 and need a way to make money.

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi guys I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to make money. My mom wont let me get a job and i need money, my mom wont give me money either. Any ideas on what i could do or say to my so she will let me?

by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 4:01 PM
Replies (21-30):
JayBearsmomma
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:35 AM
U need a job. why wont ur mom ket u work?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eds6619
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:43 AM

If you're living with her and she's the provider for your baby then I'd say its her rules and you have to deal with it.  When you're on your own then you can do what you need to do. 

I think she's just looking out for you and the baby's best interest.

erinmomofone
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:54 AM
Same here

Quoting Paparazzi.Mama:

Where I'm from you need a permit if you work and are still in school and there are certain criteria that has to be met. The permit is supposed to be proof of your eligibility to work, which is *supposed to* be required.

Quoting lissetteP:

I worked at fifteen with no permit...plus i think once you 16 you can work...

Quoting Paparazzi.Mama:

If she's in school she needs mom's permission for a work permit

Quoting lissetteP:

Wtf? She wouldn't even have to watch it? Shit I wouldve been gone...what will shr do if you get a job? don't be scared of her, its your kid you need to grow up...

Quoting TJaydesMommy:

I have tried, i just dont understnad why she wont let me get a job....she wouldnt even have to watch her while i worked..i can try to talk to her again though

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eds6619
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:06 AM

you could always do online surveys but they dont pay much

mommysince2010
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Just wondering why you need money? 

Not being rude or anything.. Does your mom help you with your child's needs?

amber710
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:57 AM

I moved out when I was 16 because I felt like my parents were havign too much influence on the way I was raising my daughter. Having people controlling you makes it very hard to be a parent and make decisions for your own child.

Here it is legal to move out at 16, find out what the law is there and look for a friend or relative who will let you stay with them while you look for a job. And I totally agree with you that having a job and doing fine in high school is possible. When I was in high school almost all of us had some kind of job or something we did for money and it certainly didn't make everyone fail.

AubreeG16
by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 10:24 AM
Umm.. I would be like mom, I'm a fucking parent now. I'm going to get a job whether or not toy like it. Way too overbearing IMO.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TJaydesMommy
by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 7:41 PM

yea lol. why is that suprising

TJaydesMommy
by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 7:42 PM

you dont have to get a work permit at 16.

mommyof31024
by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 7:46 PM
First off why won't your mom let you get a job? You think she would want you to get a job specialy having a baby is your parents helping you? But you could babysit you could get on wic an foodstamps and cash assistence I think I don't know I think you have to be 18 thow.

Quoting TJaydesMommy:

Hi guys I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to make money. My mom wont let me get a job and i need money, my mom wont give me money either. Any ideas on what i could do or say to my so she will let me?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN