Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

I just tested positive but i'm currently ON my period... confused???? Please Help!!!!

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:29 PM
  • 16 Replies

Okay so here's my deal...

I had sex with my now ex boyfriend on the 17th, i'm pretty sure i was ovulating then... i had just come off of seasonique and had a period on the 1st of september... 

I started to worry i was pregnant and took many tests most negative but i had one that showed a faint second line... i thought i was crazy cuz i had 4 tests that were so super faint.... but i was sure there was a line... but then it stopped showing up so i thought chemical pregnancy or something weird... I started bleeding with BAD BAD BAD cramps so i thought possibly miscarragie at 4 1/2 weeks... this was on thursday so the 4th of october... i'm still bleeding after all the for sure negative tests... i thought well i have a few tests left over that i didnt use (i'm a bit neurotic and bought a bunch of dollar tests) and took one just for the heck of it and it just now came back positive... before my "period" or whatever this bleeding is i had for sure tested negative... including the day i started bleeding...

The positive is faint but stronger then the others i had before... i could see this one within 3 minutes straight up... the lighting isnt good enough here for a pic but i can easily see it... so am i miscarrying or having a period in spite of being pregnant??? whats going on??? any ideas???

i googled it and it said some women get there period the first month... so i'm not sure whats going on with me but i was negaitve until today... so so confused....

any similar stories or advice would be welcome

thanks

Naomi

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
turtle07
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:32 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lissetteP
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:37 PM
Go get a couple more expensive p test or got to the Dr...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessimicuh
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Go to health dept tomorrow, they'll give you a blood pregnancy test...not your period blood, lol, your blood blood.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MemoriesErased
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:47 PM

so a blood tests will show more if i'm pregnant then if i'm miscarrying???

Blovesyouuu
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:50 PM
A blood pregnancy test will tell you if you are pregnant, and if you are, the approximate amount of weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MemoriesErased
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:57 PM

okay thanks i'm gonna find a doc in my area with my insurance and go in...

remaining_me
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 5:12 PM

i'd go in to se the doc for a blood test. i havent been through that. heres a bump.

cemcnair
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 5:55 PM
I think I'd go to the doctor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MemoriesErased
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:35 PM

yah i'm going to go just a matter of when i can get in

MJ20102
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:58 PM
1 mom liked this
yea def go to the doc. They will do blood work to see if your 4sure preg, and if you are then theyll have you go back 2days later for more, to see if your levels went up or down.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN