Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

I just tested positive but i'm currently ON my period... confused???? Please Help!!!!

Okay so here's my deal...

I had sex with my now ex boyfriend on the 17th, i'm pretty sure i was ovulating then... i had just come off of seasonique and had a period on the 1st of september... 

I started to worry i was pregnant and took many tests most negative but i had one that showed a faint second line... i thought i was crazy cuz i had 4 tests that were so super faint.... but i was sure there was a line... but then it stopped showing up so i thought chemical pregnancy or something weird... I started bleeding with BAD BAD BAD cramps so i thought possibly miscarragie at 4 1/2 weeks... this was on thursday so the 4th of october... i'm still bleeding after all the for sure negative tests... i thought well i have a few tests left over that i didnt use (i'm a bit neurotic and bought a bunch of dollar tests) and took one just for the heck of it and it just now came back positive... before my "period" or whatever this bleeding is i had for sure tested negative... including the day i started bleeding...

The positive is faint but stronger then the others i had before... i could see this one within 3 minutes straight up... the lighting isnt good enough here for a pic but i can easily see it... so am i miscarrying or having a period in spite of being pregnant??? whats going on??? any ideas???

i googled it and it said some women get there period the first month... so i'm not sure whats going on with me but i was negaitve until today... so so confused....

any similar stories or advice would be welcome

thanks

Naomi

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:29 PM
Replies (11-16):
MemoriesErased
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:54 PM

BUMP!

Tyler0102
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I had my period the first 2.5months I was prego. But id go to the doc if I were you. Just to be on the safe side.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aeshersmommy
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:18 PM

i was about 20 weeks before any of my tests came up positive i had to go to a doctor to get a blood test done so i suggest just going to a doctor

mommaGof3
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:50 PM
I would go to the doctor. Women can have their period their whole pregnancy. My moms friend had her period every month like clock work while she pregnant with both of her kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Heatherp23
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:25 PM
I had 2 periods when I was preg with bth of my kids.. heavy bleeding and cramps, back aches the whole 9 yards
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
evanne337
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:01 AM
Blood test
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)