Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Denied assistance

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 6:28 PM
  • 7 Replies

Hi, My name's Nisha. I'm a single, teen mom of a toddler. I have been denied goverment assistance because of my employment. Even though I work at a university, I only make minimum wage. I have rent, bills, baby necessities, and a sick parent that I have to worry about. And to make matters worse, my job is only temporary. I get laid off in December. I am in the process of finding a permanent position in the university but as of right now I can use all the help I can get. Does anyone know of any programs that help single or teen moms with stuff like kid's necessities or food? Anything would be greatly appreciated!

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 6:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
lizjones
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Reapply again. When they talk to you, explain every single detail about your situation. Even though you're working, you're not making enough for everything right now. I don't see why they'd deny you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Did they advise you as to why you were denied (maybe if you live with your parents, etc)?

I'd appeal and try again for sure.

BeachMama05
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:01 PM

im sorry hun! I would go and talk with them and reapply

jj_bmom
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:05 AM
1 mom liked this
Local churches can be a BIG help with things like food and baby items. And if they can't help they usually know of places that can
cemcnair
by Courtney on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this
You need to reapply! Many people are denied at first.
And I agree, check with churches or the Salvation Army. Hugs!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaGof3
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:28 AM
You can always appeal it or apply again. Also check out angelfoodministeries.com. They sell huge boxes of food for cheap. They do it once a month but they give you a ton of food.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaGof3
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:31 AM
Ok scratch that. They closed down :-(

Quoting mommaGof3:

You can always appeal it or apply again. Also check out angelfoodministeries.com. They sell huge boxes of food for cheap. They do it once a month but they give you a ton of food.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)