Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how many times a day do you feed your kids

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:08 PM
  • 15 Replies

so i am starting at a school that is for high school momstom. (i have been looking for one and i am going to start driving 30 min a day to one) but they said that there were times during the day where you could visit and feed your kids and i need to know how many times a day you all feed your kids and if you think that i should start bf in the middle of the day

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
eds6619
by Emily on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Well we're past the eating all the time phase, but if they allow time to see your baby then I'd say, yes if you plan to bf then do it then.  It will help your bonding and your milk supply.

cemcnair
by Courtney on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:27 PM
Agreed. Had my daycare been closer, I would have gone three times a day instead of pumping during that time.

Quoting eds6619:

Well we're past the eating all the time phase, but if they allow time to see your baby then I'd say, yes if you plan to bf then do it then.  It will help your bonding and your milk supply.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tyler0102
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:35 PM
How old is your child? I went to a high school that allowed me to have my daughter with me all day. (My daughter was 1mo when I went back to school.)& between classes I breastfed. So like every hour I would at least try and feed her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littleinsect
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:36 PM
My son is 2 months old and eats every 4 hours :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AubreeGrace17
by Aubree on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:58 PM

My seven month old eats at least 6 times a day. He gets 3-4 seven ounce bottles per day and 5 ounces of juice. He eats at least a half a cup of finger foods and 3-4 four ounce containers of solids. However, his sleep schedule is different. He sleeps 12-13 hours per night and eats immediately after waking up at 9 AM. Then I feed him two hours later at 11AM and put him down for a nap half an hour after that at 11:30 AM. He sleeps for an hour and a half and wakes up at 12:30 or 1:00 PM then gets fed again. After that he is good for another 2 hours and gets fed at 3:00PM and then naps until 4 or 5. After that he is fed and is up until 8-9 where he gets his evening bottle.

JayBearsmomma
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:59 PM
My son is 5 and eats all the time lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsbrimer
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:59 PM
My girls are 3 and 2 . They have breakfast, lunch, and dinner along with snacks all day long lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:00 PM
I nurse my 13 month old every 2-3 hours still:-) I believe in feeding on demand when it comes to breastfeeding, it's best for supply, mommy, and baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rayroe2
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:03 PM

When my dd was first born she went threw a growth spurt right away so she was eating every 2 hours prob 8times a day if I remember right then she kind of got a feed routine where she just ate ever 3hours prob 6times a day then she went threw another growth spurt and was eating 10times a day. She napped more some days so the feeding wasn't as much. I didnt bf even tho I tried it just didnt work.

Hanab818
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:06 PM
I still kinda feed on demand. Its goes anywhere between 2 to 4 hours depending on how much he fed the time before. I just look for hunger cues.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)