Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Bad cramps 31 weeks

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:08 PM
  • 4 Replies
I'm having insanley bad cramps. This is my first baby so I have no idea what contractions feel like but my doctor said that braxton hicks are painless. I'm only 31 weeks and so scared of preterm labor. Do braxton hicks hurt or do you think I'm having contractions? I'll call my doctor in the morons
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
TwinMomma2010
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:11 PM
I would drink a whole bunch of water because being dehydrated can cause contractions but if they don't ease up I would go into labor and delivery 31 weeks is still very early
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rungirl2118
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:15 PM

yea brax dont norm hurt, i thought the same thing as you when i was 29 weeks, the pain was only growing pain from the baby moving and stretching out for birth , the pain really hurt but i wasnt bleeding nor did my water break so i was not in labor but if u start to bleed or have any thing come out like water or whatever i would go right to the er, cuz my mom had bad pain very little water like come out but thought it was just growning but she ended up having a still born, and o yea keep an eye on the pain and time it. i dont mean to scare u but just keep an eye on time and any discarge 

rayroe2
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:17 PM

with my first dd I would get really bad "kidney" pain make me wanna cry around 30wks and TERRIABLE braxton hicks because my body was stretching and getting used to a baby being in there. with this baby I am 30wks and I am just very uncomfortable today and feel fat and getting some pain.

teenmomto2
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:21 PM
I was 31 weeks when I gave birth to my second dd. She stayed in the nicu for a month and 3 days before she got to come home mainly because she couldnt keep her temperature up. They gave me a shot to help her lungs and it was a fast easy labor. She was 3lbs 10oz and is now a happy 6lb 14oz 2mo preemie sleepin in her bed:) good luck mama, here if you need someone who understands :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN