Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Pregnant on Mirena?

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:16 PM
  • 11 Replies
So I got the mirena on feb 2 2012 after I had my son on july 1 2011. I have constantly been feeling "baby movements" for months and I looked it up and found out it could be "phantom kicks" which basically just means that after you have a baby you're more aware of the muscle movements in your stomach which you would relate to as baby kicks. Well I've just been ignoring them but I've put on a few pounds recently which I put up to not working out even though I never really did before but whatever. But just now I went to bathroom and when I wiped it was a loy of mucous that reminded me of my mucous plug. It was thick and clear/white with a hint of blood to it and tiny spots of ligh pink blood in the thinner mucous around it all. And now I'm really crampy. I know its highly unlikely to get pregnant on the mirena but I have my reasons for being skeptical. I didn't go to the checkup appointment after I had it put in because I moved out of state. And I can't go to the doctors for the situation I have now because I don't have insurance here yet. I feel like I'm in the middle if an episode of "I didn't know I was pregnant". I'm just looking for opinions or experiences. Thanks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Chillisarah
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:30 PM

I don't have any experience with this but I hope everything is ok for you. Here's a bump for your post.

Jennyanne322
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:33 PM
So what are you going to wait for a baby to pop out and say hello? Women get pregnant on it more often than people think. Go to the doctor/clinic/ or something.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ashleeduhh
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:34 PM
Take a pregnancy test. And if it's positive, go to a doc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babid14
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this
You can get pregnant on it ive talked to alot of people who have. You should try and find out because it isnt good not to know. Hope everything is okay
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jnw2992
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:54 PM

i would say go into the ER

AubreeGrace17
by Aubree on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Take a test. It's highly unlikely that you are though. They are 99.9% effective for a reason!

lizjones
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Idk if its just me but your response seemed to have a bit of snarky attitude which is completely unnecessary. No I'm not waiting for a baby to pop out, who's to say I'm even pregnant? And I'd have to go through labor before I actually had the baby. Its not like I'm going to give birth in the damn toilet.

Quoting Jennyanne322:

So what are you going to wait for a baby to pop out and say hello? Women get pregnant on it more often than people think. Go to the doctor/clinic/ or something.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy2b4evr
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:16 PM
Test. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jennyanne322
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:35 PM
Yes, it was snarky. You said you didn't go to your follow up because you moved and won't go to the doctor because you have no insurance. So what are you going to do about it than? If you think you may be pregnant, than get to the doctor now. Don't wait.

Quoting lizjones:

Idk if its just me but your response seemed to have a bit of snarky attitude which is completely unnecessary. No I'm not waiting for a baby to pop out, who's to say I'm even pregnant? And I'd have to go through labor before I actually had the baby. Its not like I'm going to give birth in the damn toilet.

Quoting Jennyanne322:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sunshynee
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:35 AM

I use that to an i have been having the same things happening to me... i am going to my doctors today to have it checked out.... the only reason i choose this birth control is bc my dr told my it was the saftest one to use....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN