Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

why do people think that getting pregnant at a young age is a social issue?

Posted by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 5:28 PM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this

i find it hard to believe that young girls are getting judge for being pregnant at a younge age. if your 17 and older it should not matter. i was 17 when i got pregnant and i got judged a lot. i stood in high school and graduated high school with a daughter. it was hard but i did it. now I'm taking online college classes just so i can finish my schooling and give my daughter the life that she deserves. to me i feel like it should not matter as long as you don't give up.

by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 5:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
rnchelle93
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 5:39 PM
3 moms liked this
You are the exception, not the rule. Teenage motherhood is a social issue. The majority are poor, uneducated, and produce the same in their children. Children of teen moms have a much higher rate of learning disabilities and behavioral problems. Boys of teen moms have a much higher than average chance of ending up in prison, and girls are at high risk of becoming teen mothers themselves and perpetuating the cycle. So yes, you can make it work. But most don't. I'm 19, will be 19 when its born, I'll make it work because I don't have another choice and I'm almost there. But again, the exception, not the rule. Teen pregnancy and motherhood is very much a huge social issue.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chillisarah
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 5:49 PM

Quoting rnchelle93:

Teen pregnancy and motherhood is very much a huge social issue.

Chillisarah
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 5:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I know lots of teen moms that are doing great and others not so great but I agree with the previous comment.

MandaRose83
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 5:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Agree with the pp. you may have graduated high school and your in college now, both of which are great. But if you hadnt had family support could you still have done it? Are you able to financially support your child without help from family or govt?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlemamma619
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 7:29 PM

wel i live with my parents but it aint easy im the one supporting my daughter and watchin her while i do my schooling. then i work nites so i can buy my daughter stuff that she needs plus help out and get things for the house. My boyfriend wants us to move in with him but things are complicated but he understands.

AubreeGrace17
by Aubree on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:26 PM
We get judged because it's not normal, and it really shouldn't be. Even though we have made poor decisions we can move forward.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-KC-
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Idc what people think. Anybody who wants to judge me can kiss my a$$ and Ill leave it at that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN