Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Does any one else find it hard....

Posted by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 2:22 PM
  • 39 Replies
1 mom liked this

to find young mothers in your area that aren't still mentally in high school? I am 23 years old with a beautiful 4 year old boy, moved into the area about 3 years ago. Because i was a sahm for quite some time, i knew no one besides my SO and my DS. Then i found a few moms my age later down the road and soon came to realize that having a child did not in fact make them realize that the things they did before the child was born-were not OK anymore. (if that makes sense) One was doing drugs, another was promiscuous (who i felt bad for, but i don't think its okay to bring a different guy into your childs life every other week, if you're going to have fun, don't involve your childs feelings *my opinion*.) Anyway, so now i am back to square one when it comes to friends-let alone friends who have children...its really frustrating and it can feel lonely at times. Has anyone else been in the same situation?

by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 2:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
armyvet06
by Member on Oct. 20, 2012 at 2:25 PM
I know a few girls that like to go out and party quite often after we vet released from class in the evening. They all have kids under the age of 5
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
luvmybug
by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 2:27 PM
1 mom liked this

yes. it is hard to find moms that don't "grow up". 

diamondcupcake
by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 2:29 PM
1 mom liked this

umm well im a young 20 to be exact lol so all my friends are basically outta high school or in college but i would like to have more mom friends with babies my age would be cool...and i agree with everything you said

Bree613
by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 2:30 PM

See, i don't find a problem in going out and having a good time every once in a while. I think that is actually good for young mothers to do- but if they are getting waisted, f***ed up on drugs, sleeping around-etc and coming home to their kids, or doing these things around their kids- then i think there's a problem. I just would love to find young mothers in my area- or just ones to talk to- that put their kids first, and their hope to re-gain their teenage years behind. (if that makes sense) After i had gotten pregnant- everything i used to do got dropped. Mentally having a child has matured me, and i think its for the best. I don't feel like years have been lost, or feel regret of having a child young at all- and some of these young moms around here feel that way- which i find sad.  

Quoting armyvet06:

I know a few girls that like to go out and party quite often after we vet released from class in the evening. They all have kids under the age of 5

armyvet06
by Member on Oct. 20, 2012 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Yea these girls go out every week and they do drugs. Not sure if they do it around the kids. My partying days are pretty much non existant anymore. I do go out sometimes and have maybe 2 drinks at the max.

Quoting Bree613:

See, i don't find a problem in going out and having a good time every once in a while. I think that is actually good for young mothers to do- but if they are getting waisted, f***ed up on drugs, sleeping around-etc and coming home to their kids, or doing these things around their kids- then i think there's a problem. I just would love to find young mothers in my area- or just ones to talk to- that put their kids first, and their hope to re-gain their teenage years behind. (if that makes sense) After i had gotten pregnant- everything i used to do got dropped. Mentally having a child has matured me, and i think its for the best. I don't feel like years have been lost, or feel regret of having a child young at all- and some of these young moms around here feel that way- which i find sad.  

Quoting armyvet06:

Bree613
by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Too hard. I dont know how one doesnt 'grow up' the instant they feel that baby kicking! I wish there were more moms out there that put their kids first, and their longing to get that 'young life-style' back down the drain. 

Quoting luvmybug:

Bree613
by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 2:41 PM

Yea, i do the same. I have completely separated myself from almost EVERYONE in this area, I mean if i was back in Jersey, I'd have more than a few friends that have grown up mentally kwim? But living in a new area- new state- clear across the country-- with no family, support system (besides my SO), old friends etc- its really lonely. 

Quoting armyvet06:

Yea these girls go out every week and they do drugs. Not sure if they do it around the kids. My partying days are pretty much non existant anymore. I do go out sometimes and have maybe 2 drinks at the max.

Quoting Bree613:

Quoting armyvet06:

armyvet06
by Member on Oct. 20, 2012 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I know the feeling. I moved from arizona to florida just a few months ago with my dad so other than a few family members i have no one.

Quoting Bree613:

Yea, i do the same. I have completely separated myself from almost EVERYONE in this area, I mean if i was back in Jersey, I'd have more than a few friends that have grown up mentally kwim? But living in a new area- new state- clear across the country-- with no family, support system (besides my SO), old friends etc- its really lonely. 

Quoting armyvet06:

Quoting Bree613:

Quoting armyvet06:

luvmybug
by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 2:47 PM
1 mom liked this

i don't understand it either. some young moms give us young moms a really bad name. 

Quoting Bree613:

Too hard. I dont know how one doesnt 'grow up' the instant they feel that baby kicking! I wish there were more moms out there that put their kids first, and their longing to get that 'young life-style' back down the drain. 

Quoting luvmybug:

Bree613
by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 2:49 PM

too true =\

Quoting luvmybug:

i don't understand it either. some young moms give us young moms a really bad name. 

Quoting Bree613:

Quoting luvmybug:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN